1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MJD or JTD, Whats inside your hood.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Italia-Linea, Oct 17, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    LOL. What an interesting stew we cooked in that pot. :p

The final ingredient, our brother ''bhai'', turned out to be THE ingredient. I miss his posts terribly!

Cheers!
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ok here i come to stir the pot again. with this MJD-JTD things cooled down in my mind, i went down to install the new hella horns in my linea.

i thought of cleaning the air filter too since it was due after my long 3000 kms trip too.

Freak!! i opened the air filter and a big " JTD " is written on it, LOL:eek:
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Getting my car serviced on monday, would see what engine does Fiat Examiner connect too.
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    oh hell yeh amit! Man thats seriously funny! Initially i saw it & i was thinking that it is related to manufacturing company of filter!
    BTW hows hella feeling for Linea? How much it did cost you??
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    if the injection cycles was the change made to comply to euro IV norms, what did pre 2010 lineas and puntos have in INDIA?
    as everyone know the power was also increased from 90-94ps
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    From 86ps to 93ps.

The question you have posed is very pertinent and wish we had a FIAT engineer onboard as to really assess what changes were actually done.

Because the 86ps engine has been labelled as a Multijet in the Punto abroad as well.

After all this naming issue , i am reminded of Monsieur Shakespeare - " What's in a name?":)
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I landed up on this thread today while trying to Google a Workshop manual for a FIAT 1.3 JTD or a MJD. Neither exist. I thought of acquiring some education as to what's under the hood and most manuals are available for download, even or Fiat. However, the Punto MJD is elusive. Fiat Punto 1.3 Multijet Manuals - Car Workshop Manuals

since you guys haven't discussed this to death yet, lets stir the pot again. Aren't any of these MJDs manufactured in India exported somewhere? What is Fiat calling them elsewhere? And yes, I was surprised that it on necks to the JTD module when I saw it at the workshop.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So the 1.3 MJD 16V 55KW and 1.3 JTD 16V 55KW is same ? :bored:
  9. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Sorry for my noob question. What about Palio D 1.9 diesel engine. I think it has 63 PS and 120 NM torque. What type of engine it is? Does it have any DNA of Multijet/JTD?