1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MJD Dynamic vs Active

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by suniljm, Jun 12, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    You are correct Srikar. My mistake. Punto Emotion Comes with ABS & in Linea Dynamic we have option of ABS. Just confirmed from FIAT India site
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Going for an active makes more sense as the premium over the active is certainly not justified, I own a dynamic myself and find tht the premium is not at all worth it, instead in tht extra 35 - 40k, u can add a multitude of accessories lik karan mentioned
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Even I was also saying the same thing. Buy Active variant and gift her lots of accessories.
  4. mayurbhatia

mayurbhatia

Pune
    I agree - Active makes more sense.... And if not active, jump straight to Emotion.... Dynamic isnt worth the extra 40K....
  5. I own a Dynamic MJD.I bought the car in 2009 soon after launch.no one even knew what dynamic was then.but i bought it without knowing what was there.i was bent on active but ended up with dynamic for CL and Power Windows.My few takes
    1.Dynamic has all 4 Power windows and no control in the front(but i added it paying 1.3k)
    2.the pillars are in black
    3.the MID screen is same as emotion(bigger,with chrome rings around)only diff is emotion shows outside temp and e pack shows the track being played in the stereo.
    4.manual central locking(adding a remote costs only 1.8k,but i dint add)1.8k for minda though OE is 4.xk.but ma TASS is ok with whatever i do and they dont deny warranty.
    5.AFAIK the AC unit in dynamic has a different part number from the active(i saw this in punto parts catalogue,indian version)

You will spend 10k on central locking when you buy an active,that wont be there on a dynamic.also the rear power windows cant be fitted outside.

In my case my parents travel in my car and they were specific about rear windows.but i cant afford an emotion,so i went ahead with a dynamic.

its u to decide.given a chance and money now,i would go for a active mjd,spend 30k on alloys,tyres and some good ICE.afterall the heavly modded puntos are all actives.there are exceptions like anand though.:p

vignesh
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  6. there is no option for ABS in dynamic nowadays
    It was called dynamic pack earlier but its not existing now.
    Had to go for linea emotion due to this
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I completely agree with you. Even I have opted for an Active assuming that I wouldn't need rear power windows and I can get the central lock for 10k. The remaining 30k I would spend for Alloys and ICE. But I am unable to source the cetral lock, thanks to the lousy accessories dept. And also I absolutely hate the remote of the central lock. The one I had for my Alto from Nippon was far too better.

I really sometimes think that I made a good decision by going for an Active. But there are times like when I have to check if all the doors are locked going around the car is quite a bit uncomfortable, then I wonder why didn't I go for a dynamic. Its just the matter of budget and options you think are important to you. Other wise I am very very happy with my car.

People always tend to ask you, why din't you go for the other option. I wonder why no one actually appreciates the decision you made.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Emotion also display which song is playing.
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So what did you finally decide upon