1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MJD Dynamic vs Active

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by suniljm, Jun 12, 2011.

1. suniljm

suniljm

Hyderabad
    I am trying to decide between GP MJD Active/Dynamic. None of the dealers have
    Dynamic in their showrooms to have a look at it and Fiat website doesn't have all the details. As per the details gathered from various posts I am listing down the features in Dynamic compared to Active. Can anyone confirm?

Rear Power Windows but Does it have control for all windows from driver's seat?
    Realtime mileage indicator and Distance to Empty indicator (As per fiat website these are not available in Dynamic but one post from Dynamic Petrol owner says his car has.)
    Does the display shows which door is open?
    Dual tone dashboard
    Silver/chrome finished central console on the dash
    Sliver stripe on the dash on the passenger side
    Is B-Piller black or Body color?
    Any other cosmetic changes (interior or exterior) which are missing in the brochere or fiat website?

Thanks
    Sunil JM
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi Sunil, I own an active and would answer some of your queries which I know:
    Rear Power Windows but Does it have control for all windows from driver's seat? It doesnt have all controls on driver side. emotion one can be installed though. dynamic owners can confirm this
    Realtime mileage indicator and Distance to Empty indicator (As per fiat website these are not available in Dynamic but one post from Dynamic Petrol owner says his car has.)These are present across all variants including active
    Does the display shows which door is open? Not sure on this
    Dual tone dashboard - Yes
    Silver/chrome finished central console on the dash - Silver finish. not chrome. chrome is there on the dials in speedo for dyn
    Sliver stripe on the dash on the passenger side- this is present on all including active
    Is B-Piller black or Body color? Not sure
    Any other cosmetic changes (interior or exterior) which are missing in the brochere or fiat website?

1.door pads are dual tone like the dash. they contain some fabric also.
    2.it has manual central locking. u ll have to purchase a remote though.
    3.MID(multi info display) in active is smaller compared to other variants

I went for active because i didnt find the difference in features justified for the price.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Dynamic features
    1) Manual Central Locking
    2) Advanced MID
    3) Black Colored Door Handles, Front ( Upper & Lowar Grill)
    4) B Piller Body Color
    5) No defogger & rear wiper.
    6) No fog lamps
    7) No music system

If your budget allows you to buy Emotion then go for Emotion or else go active. For me Punto Dynamic does not make any sense if you look at the price bracket.

If someone is buying Linea then he can consider Linea looking at the features
  4. +1 to Kedarbendre...instead of going for Dynamic go for Active variant and save money for your ICE and Alloys :) or else go for Emotion or Emotion Pack if your budget allows you to do so.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Suniljm, I would recommend that you stick to the Dynamic variant. Dynamic variant is as VFM as Active variant but Dynamic has some really good advantages, the most important being the presence of Manual Central Locking. Also, the central locking for dynamic costs Rs3.8k whereas the one for Active costs Rs8-9k and is not easily available at all dealerships.

Look at this post to see the extra features in Dynamic variant:
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...on-a-good-choice&p=24286&viewfull=1#post24286

TFI member Vignesharam and Clevermax own DYNAMIC variants. You can send a message to them for further clarifications.
  6. 1+ to PaddleShifter.
    Dynamic variant has advanced MyCar (MultiInformationDisplay) as Emotion variants. Active variant has basic one (Still it provides hand full of information).
    Dyanmic has fabric inserts in the door trims. Active does not have them.
    Dynamic has power windows in all four doors. Active has power windows in front door only.

If you are okay with basic MyCar and ready to install central lock, you can go for Active.

The extra cost of 30k to 35k for Dynamic is really worthy, if you want advanced MyCar and factory fitted rear power windows. In Dynamic variant, you can not control rear power windows from driver side. But, you can add two more switch to control rear windows as well (Vigneshram did it).

If you are not very tight on budget and can spend 50k more than dynamic, I would suggest you to go for Emotion variant. You will get ABS.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Sounder Punto Emotion does not come with ABS.

Correct me if I am wrong. :)
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Kedar..Emotion comes with ABS & EBD. But no airbags..
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @ Cinju, Sounder are you guys talking about Punto or Linea. If Linea then yes Linea Emotion comes with ABS
  10. kedar saab

punto emotion comes with abs&ebd.
    i was hell bent on emotion but my dad bought epk..

emotion does not get alloys, b lue&me(correct me if i am wrong)
    and airbags