1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mist coming out of the AC vents

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pronoy_banerjee, Sep 22, 2014.

1. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    Hello Guys,

My car is 36K run, just turned 2 last month, this is the first time I'm facing such an issue.

While driving to office around 4:30pm I noticed there was mist coming out of the vents.
    The AC had been running for about 30 minutes like everyday.
    The outside temperature was 31 and the inside was 28.

I called up @shashanknathani and he suggested to check if the AC is turning off at all.
    I stepped out of the car and asked another person to switch off the AC, The belt stopped. Last option would be to get the car to FASS.

I would like to know if anyone here has faced the same issue and if they have, what are the reason(s) and solution to it..
  2. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    I checked today while coming to office, the AC was on air re-circulation mode. No mist today..
    I will still get the car checked asap.

I cant believe no one else has faced this kind of issue.
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Pronoy, the reason as to why you think the Fog is accumulating inside is because the inside temp is building up, I would suggest you not to circulate the Air directly towards the windscreen, for dynamic you have manual HVAC so not sure as to how you are using Accurate figure for Inside temp to describe.
    There can be only 2 reasons as to why an Fog can build up on the Windscreen,
    >Either the AC cut's-off totally and only blower is on which causes the fog. This points issues to the Compressor or not cooling efficiently due to less AC gas.
    >Excess Cold Air directed to the Windscreen alone.
    If you have Auto Climate Control then I suggest you keep a lower temp and keep it on AUTO, which no manual selection for Air Direction, this was Cold air is let out through the Center and Top vents and hot air is let out from below.
    If you have Manual HVAC, keep it on Re-Circulation mode, temp needle slightly in the middle and keep the Direction as Center and Below.
    You shouldn’t see any Fogging happening.
  5. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    Hey @Anup Thanks for the Input; however, I don't suppose you understood the issue.
    I have no windscreen fogging issue.
    Basically there is mist coming out of the AV vents. Something we see when we open the freezer door of the fridge.

I have a fitted a temperature sensor for the cabin, that is how i know what the exact temperature was, at that time.
  6. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @pronoy:
    I have faced this mist coming out of ac vents before. This happens due to temperature difference of outside and inside.
    Also, you may also get some bubbles on the ac vents. You may also sense it become little hot around the ac vents.
    I assume this mist is odourless and goes away after sometime. As suggested, please keep in recir mode and it should slowly disappear.
    Its condensation of cooling humid air. Or heat exchangers are just blowing cold air similar to in airplanes.
    I had this checked with FASS/ special AC workshops. They said its normal if high humidity is present in surrounding atmosphere.
    pronoy_banerjee likes this.
  7. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    Yes, that is what I had read, however, Pune weather is not that humid and when the issue happened, it was bright, sunny and warm outside.

I kept the AC on full chill while driving to work, no mist today. if it does occu again, i'll take the car to the FASS.