1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mishap with my Dynowine

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by swgaan, Oct 17, 2015.

1. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    Hello Swapnil, Nice to see your Dynowine is back to normal.

I bumped my car (almost at 0 speed) into a manhole cover [courtesy municipal authority] y'day morning while on way to Nashik. Driver side wheel went over it and car landed directly on running board,fender. see image below.

Need some information from you. In your pics, i saw your car too had impact at same place and it was repaired for a small portion.

Thane FASS (Lifetime) gave me 2 options as below,
    1. Repair to same running board & fender - cost 7K (approx) with a note that the quality will be 19/20 as the metal is very strong there and damaged to a extend which is difficult to restore back to original.
    2. Use new Running board but cut only a smaller portion from it to replace the damaged part. - 25K (approx). Insurance adviser may approve only 20~21K or lessor.

1. How much Panvel FASS charge you?
    2. Did they procure new running board or repaired existing one?

2. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Shashank,

As per my opinion, Repair will do the job, No doubt the Running board metal is heavy and this will take the shit out of the worker who is doing this denting job, and Fender portion is also repairable.

About quality, Panvel FASS did 10/10 Job regarding the matching the quality and shape of the board.
    So Panvel FASS repaired the running board and replaced the Fender.
    unfortunately i don't have the clear picture of the job done work, but will post it in short time.