1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mishap with my Dynowine

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by swgaan, Oct 17, 2015.

1. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, its a shared Body shop with Maruti, as the owner of the FASS first has the MSASS since long, and since last jan, FIAT have joined hand with him, he treats the FIAT vehicles under the name of "Car mendors" and Maruti vehicles under the name of "Gnagal motor garage"
  2. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Update: Finally after long waiting of one & half month my ride standing on her feet again, Now it's about fine tuning,
    Couldn't resist my self and gave a crank... And woolhhaaaa.... Maaan that sound of MJD... it's like 1st day when I took delivery.
    Murphy_Fiat, Calvinv and Dinesh Kumar like this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Good to hear that you got your dyanowine. Please share photos of your car.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @swgaan
    Swapnil, congrats. Now get it finally checked in all respects and time to hit the road. Going forward, you need to be careful and make a rule to not follow any heavy vehicle. If at all you need to stay behind the heavy vehicles, keep enough safe distance.
  5. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kedar: i have not received the vehicle yet, but will be with me in a weeks time.. still painting and detailing work is pending, and as suggested by Hodlur, need to inspect carefully before taking out of FASS.
    kedarbendre likes this.
  6. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Hi swgaan! Congratulations! I hope the cost incurred is within limits and your pockets weren't scorched. I am really glad you are unscathed from the accident are so passionate about your car!!!!
    Please keep us posted when you drive the beauty back to your place in style again!
    swgaan likes this.
  7. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Update: First i would like to apologies for not posting earlier, i got my ride back on 12th Dec. as the joy of getting the ride back was so much, that i didn't even bothered to update this thread, but what a feeling, after 1 month and 28 days in FASS, my ride is rolling back on roads, and no wonders with its Italian glory at its best.

As a preventive measure i have changed all four tyres, now my Dyno having all new rims, tyres and wheel caps (searched for the alloys though, but running tight on budget:stop:) .
    No complaint about Panvel FASS, guys over their cooperative,they answered my all queries to my satisfaction, even the claim process is also went swift with their intervention.

Now lets pics do the talking:

IMG_20151214_104355.jpg

IMG_20151214_104753~2.jpg

IMG_20151214_111234.jpg
    The spot (behind) where the actual incident happened

IMG_20151214_114019~2.jpg

IMG_20151214_114101~2.jpg

IMG_20151214_114409.jpg

IMG_20151214_114442~2.jpg
    Murphy_Fiat, ghodlur, Calvinv and 5 others like this.
  8. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome back to the road! Congratulations!
    If you may, please share the total expenses and the amount you got through insurance.
  9. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry for late guys, but as my insurance was Comprehensive type i need to shell out a hefty chunk from my pocket.
    A brief break up:

Total cost for restoration as per bill was :1.4L
    Insurance company approved for : 82K
    Amount shelled out of my pocket was : 58K

Though in the same time i asked them to replace my timing chain assembly as well, So the total cost of timing chain assembly and labor on same will not be covered under the insurance, as it was not damaged during Accident, so approx 12k for that, Also there are small small items like, AC servicing, all consumable liquids which are not given by the Insurance company as those are consumable, that figure is coming around 6k.
    Also i changed all four tyres, which costs me 16k.

So effectively if we see the total cost shelled out of my pocket is 58-16-12 = 30k (i have considered the consumable 6k in he accident cost, else it will be 24k.)
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 9, 2016 ---
    Its almost 2 months now after the accident, and till now no niggles were faced by me. Good Job Car Menders. :)

Spl. thanks to Mr. Milind Gangal (owner) for attending my vehicle personally at every point of time.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Good to see that car is performing very well without any problems.

Looking forward to see you and your car at next Pune Mumbai Meet.
    swgaan likes this.