1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mishap with my Dynowine

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by swgaan, Oct 17, 2015.

1. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    @swgaan - See the possibility of taking an external mechanic with you during dismantling, possibly for half a day or 1 by paying him 500/- or 1000/- They would be in a better position to estimate whether a part requires replacement or not, than us. Check if it is practically possible for you.

- CM
  2. Calvinv

Calvinv Timido

Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @swgaan Sorry to hear of your troubles. Have you considered buying a used Punto instead? Selling the car as scrap/for spare parts + any insurance redeemable + the estimate FASS has presented will easily fetch you a good used example. All the best
  3. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Updte: Decided to Repair the DynoWine (As @Calvinv Know devil is always better then unknown ;).)

Last evening i was at FASS to see the progress, surveyor gave the green signal for the work, though he said he will inspect the car once again when it gets dismantled to check what is the severity of the internal damage, at Stage 1: he gave the "GO" for
    1. RH Lower arm
    2. RH front axel
    3. Both front Rims
    4. Intercooler
    5. Front Bumper
    6. Engine mounting
    7. Oil sump
    to name a few, FASS had ordered the parts which they do not have in their stock, after the parts reached to SS they will start the work, though the estimated time is still 1 month, but its OK better to be slow, then regretting at later stage.
  4. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Update: Parts have arrived at FASS, now the actual work will flow, fingers crossed.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Swagan sorry to hear that buddy and I am glad that you are safe.

The estimate looks bit inflated and do check parts they are changing everytime.

What insurance you have..Comprehensive or Zero Dep?

I am sure dynoWine will be in better shape soon.
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Very sad to hear the incident. Never follow any vehicle closely it is best to be ahead or else keep enough distance where you can get some time to react.

Good that she is recovering. Hope to see her soon on the road.

Get well soon!!!!
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The SA must show the pics before and after disassembly. Surveyor needs to inspect the parts and take detailed pics of damaged parts on a two post lift. In some cases dismantling and keeping those parts in front of the car. Salvageable parts are market by surveyor or cancelled on the estimation sheet. You must understand that SCs take full advantage of accident cases in many scenarios to milk the insurance company and the customer too. Corrupt surveyors get blacklisted all the time. Have read every post of yours. This sounds not transparent the way its being handled by FASS and insurance surveyor both. Make sure you don't end up loosing too much money from pocket. And even important is to ensure parts are being changed in real.
    prabhjot and kedarbendre like this.
  8. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Update: visited FASS yesterday, all parts have came, and now only the installation work is remaining. the engine is removed from the engine bay, as the Oil sump, and suspension cradle got hit, as the engine is unmounted and my car also clocked 85k took an advantage and changed the timing chain assembly as a preventive measure (as i don't want to keep my vehicle in FASS for another 2-3 days at the time of service of 90k), Rest let the pics speak.

Also at the same time the car body parts gets the cosmetic Redo.. am glad that both the front door ares intact on which we have applied those FIAT sticker at the time of Factory meet...:p:D;):shame:

IMG_20151116_153021.jpg

IMG_20151116_153030.jpg

IMG_20151116_153047.jpg

IMG_20151116_153113.jpg

IMG_20151116_155059.jpg

IMG_20151116_160118.jpg

IMG_20151116_160219.jpg

IMG_20151116_160250.jpg
  9. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Is this the FASS or some other external garage ? I see Two Maruthi's behind ?
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    A shared body shop perhaps.