1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mishap with my Dynowine

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by swgaan, Oct 17, 2015.

1. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello All,

i am so sad to tell you about the incident happened to me on 15th Oct. 2015. I was driving in my ride on old mumbai-pune highway at a speed 70-80 kmph as it was a bling turn i preferred to stay behind the truck which is ahead of me to avoid the sudden surprises,

But then faith played its roll, the reason for which i was following the truck struck, a Bolder (approximately size of a milestone) came in to picture suddenly, as truck drove over it, but i need to avoid that. and in that sudden reaction time i went off the road, and bang!!:hurting::jawdrop:

car went in no mens land in between the two roads, and came to halt after bouncing in the pot holes, As soon as car came to halt, i switched off the engine and got of the car to see the damage, under body of the car scratched badly, both front rims were out off shape and were not in a derivable condition, front bumper cracked, radiator fan left his place and came near to engine, inter cooler and AC compressor also got a hit, in short a massive damage.

The positive thing happened that myself came out without a single scratch, as i was wearing a seat belt, hence i was glued to seat while all this were happening.

Well.. but really sad and a lot scratches on my heart to see our loved ride in this condition, called the RSA and towed the car at the Panvel FASS.

the owner of the FASS is so cooperative, he personally looked into my case, and made sure that the car will get a good service so that it can be back to road ASAP.

IMG_20151015_152842.jpg

IMG_20151015_152934.jpg

IMG_20151015_173207.jpg

IMG_20151015_174929.jpg

IMG_20151015_174939.jpg

IMG-20151015-WA0034.jpg

IMG-20151015-WA0036.jpg

IMG-20151015-WA0038.jpg

IMG-20151015-WA0040.jpg

IMG-20151015-WA0042.jpg

IMG-20151015-WA0045.jpg

IMG-20151015-WA0049.jpg
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh Man! sad to see your Punto in this state. Thank God you are unharmed. What is the estimate provided by FASS? Hope insurance people should also be pitching in.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    :inpain:

All will be well, na? Best of....with the repairs and insurance etc.

cheers
  4. Umesh Kumar

Umesh Kumar Timido

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Does the apron change require engine dismounting?
  5. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Umesh: will update you on same, as today will be visiting the FASS to check the progress, i am also thinking of getting my timing chain and assembly replaced, as its already 84k KM crossed, and was planning to change the same in the 90k service.
  6. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Sad to see your mighty Punto in this state @swagaan. Good that you came out with no scratches. Wishing a speedy recovery for your ride and let it come back on track with full swing.
  7. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Update: visited FASS this evening, SA was ready with his heafty estimate of parts and labor, waiting for the surveyor to come for inspection, but my bad,

He was stuck in other stuff and couldn't make it for my ride, hence inspection postponed to next day..

Below are the snaps of the estimate that SA have jotted down..

Maaannn that's a big list n cost too..
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 19, 2015 ---
    The images..

IMG_20151019_170915.jpg

IMG_20151019_170826.jpg

IMG_20151019_170807.jpg

IMG_20151019_170721.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @swgaan

I think the estimate is an inflated one. If all these parts have been damaged, then ideally the car should have been declared totalled. Although it would be a great idea to assume that the old parts should be used and the estimate reduced, one thought says why compromise with the spares which are already compromised for their integrity.

Swapnil, I feel you should have a second opinion. But then the car cannot be towed either. Do the Panvel FASS technicians seem competent? When is the Surveyor expected??
    punto_emotion likes this.
  9. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Update: surveyor inspected car today, and asked fass to start work, as by looking at it he is also not able to judge what parts needs to be replaced..

But this way indirectly its like forcing me to get the work done from them only, he have not given any word about how much it will be covered under warranty and how much I have to give from my pocket.

On the other hand it's a fact that unless and until technician starts the work they themselves will not get the idea what is to be done actually.. So I am confsed like hell, and feeling trapped.:bucktooth::nailbiting::dead:

Also SA is sensing its may be damage to camshaft as well, as per his previous experience the cam shaft is so delicate that If there's a bit of mis alignment, then it can break the cam shaft, so from engine side as well they wanna be sure..

And for me its a feeling like m lying on operation table and with each cut doctor is saying " ohh.. This also has to be fixed, pls deposited X amount at our counter":muted::hungover:
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @swgaan
    Thats true that unless you do a thorough inspection, you will not be able ascertain what is the extent of damages. I though the FASS does dismantle in the presence of the surveyor. How can the Surveyor give a go ahead for the repairs? I would suggest to be physically present during the dismantling and question every part being proposed to be replaced.
    asimpleson likes this.