1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Misfiring in My T-Jet

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by pemmasg, Feb 28, 2015.

1. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Hi All,

Today when I cranked my T-Jet it exhibited a different behavior. On cold start it starts at 1.3K RPM and drops to 800RPM after engine heats up. But today it directly started @800RPM and jumped immediately to 1.5K RPM and back to 1K RPM.

I got a call from Ananth and he mentioned about Wolf team's visit to chennai. Then I thought of meeting them and get my car scanned. On my way to meet wolf I got "Check Engine" error and the engine struggled below 2K RPM and there are no signs of usual T-Jet punch.

I met Rajiv and elaborated the story to him, he then scanned my car and found that there is misfire happening in 2 cylinders. After little test driving the misfire happened in 1 cylinder.

He suspects fuel pump. I will take my car to FASS on Monday and post you on updates.

Till then if any of the T-Jet owners faced similar issue please share your thoughts.

Best Regards
    Gopi
  2. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Today I went to Ramkay. It is found in the scanner that the error is permanent in Cly 4 and intermittent in Cly3. The first thing we checked was the connections. It was found that the connection to Cly 4 is not proper and that could be the reason for misfing. The technician told me that due to this there is a possibility of intermittent Cly3 misfiring. After we fastened the connectors correctly the error went away and now car is back to its original shape. I thank all for your wonderful support. Special thanks to Rajiv Chandran from wolf.
    Sujit508 and pabhishek like this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Good to know that it was just a loose connection. By the way how much old is your tjet?
  4. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    My Jet is 14 months old and clocked 18K [Yes !!! Eighteen] :)
    5u3zEr0 and pabhishek like this.
  5. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear pemmasg,
    In Dec 2013 I faced the starting-problem in my T-jet, Spark-plugs were cleaned and fitted back. The problem erupted twice and again the Spark-plugs cleaned. It was found that the fuel used was of lean-quality( adultered I mean). Since then I use only one proven fuel-station for refilling, the problem did not occur again. But, last time Nov2014, the spark-plugs were replaced at NATIONAL-FIAT Jammu during third paid service.
    I'm happy that your issue is resolved.
    Enjoy the Jet and drive safe.

S A SHAH