1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    A slight niggle in my Linea TJet. I had earlier mentioned that I hear a "tak" sound [feeble but heard easily] when steering is rotated fully towards left side. While driving, I can NOW hear this sound when I turn on left side and steering is rotated at least half way. No sound comes while doing the same on right side or steering is rotated less than half the way. Perhaps, it's do with suspension or link rod roll bar joints. I am somehow relating this to a post by @@VahanPujari in http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/fiat-linea-punto-did-you-know-series.21. Not exactly the same issue but perhaps linked to it. I must say my technical knowledge on automobiles is nothing to be proud of and just a guess made. ;)

"• If there is a "tak tak" noise and the front suspension thud sound coming in some of the Lineas, this is due to weak Suspension Links/ link rod roll bar ball joints at the front. Get your suspension links / ball joints changed under warranty and both the noises will vanish."

However, I don't hear any thud sound or face any suspension problem. I would get this checked over the weekend. Can others enlighten if they faced this issue in Linea? Looks a minor issue but worth getting checked. Thanks in advance!
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    >> However, I don't hear any thud sound or face any suspension problem. I would get this checked over the weekend. Can others enlighten if they faced this issue in Linea? Looks a minor issue but worth getting checked. Thanks in advance!

I had similar problem, suspension were replaced it did not help, upon further checking it was one of the rubber engine mount that developed cracks and caused the noise.
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks @kr_vasudev. I really helps to have some idea and probable cause so as to guide the service people also. I have written to the local FASS and Fiat India and getting this checked on Saturday.