1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't think this issue has any relation with Nitrogen or Normal air. There must be some leaking.
    Normally, guess is either puncture or rim bent.

Get it checked with some tyre shop.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Query regarding New Linea 2014 [facelift] TJet-Emotion:

I am in a dilemma with respect to tyre size. The 4 running tyres on car are Goodyear 205/55 R16 but the spare one is Apollo Accelere 195/65 R15. I am aware that spare one is not supposed to be an alloy and is of different size but confused about getting different replies from the dealer and Fiat India on this. Fiat [email support] has confirmed that this is ok whereas the dealer says that size is not correct and he will replace it soon. I checked the Linea manual and it does not mention the correct size for even the stock tyres. Looks like sizes were changed and manual hasn't been updated. Can someone suggest if I am good here or need to take this up strongly? I have already asked the email support person to get me confirmation from their technical team. I haven't told dealer about Fiat's reply as I haven't heard from the technical team. Request to members to suggest if I have the right tyres. Thanks!
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Saket Sidana, if dealer is obliging with tyre size upgrade as you mentioned, then consider yourself lucky. Normally dealer will provide what Fiat provides or approves. But it is really stupid of them to provide lower spec, lower size tyre.
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks asimpleson. Would you know if I have the right set of tyres or Fiat has goofed up here? I will contact the dealer later today.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat has provided lower spec. tyres before also and has been a grouse expressed by many. Don't worry. If I were you, I wouldnt mind shelling out a few hundred rupees and get the upgrade, however see what the dealer wants to offer.
  6. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Hi,
    Somebody can confirm here should i change this Tyre?
    As able to see side wall cut in front right Tyre.
    Can i claim warranty for this below issue as seen in the picture.
    Car odo is 14.5K kms and completed 2nd service last month.
    WP_20141111_08_28_18_Pro.jpg

second detailed pic.
    This might have happened last week but yesterday observed the issue.
    WP_20141109_13_04_57_Pro.jpg

normally i am maintaining 32-33 air pressure is it correct and what may be the reason for side wall crack.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  7. PKMohan

PKMohan Amatore

Bangalore
    I suggest you should immediately change this tyre, it can lead to tyre burst (though not sure on depth of cut). Typically cracks in this orientation are due to manufacturing defects/flaws, you may want to push for warranty.
  8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @PKMohan
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    I had a word with SA of Vecto motors Mysore road as per the conversation the tyre warranty can be claimed within 1 year and replacement will be given for only tyre bulge where it will be considered as manufacturing defect.
    If Anybody here got changed under warranty for the above case,please confirm the details.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @vista7155, replace it with a stepney tyre immediately, try persuading dealer to see if JK tyres could give waiver (pro-rata) on another tyre. Alternatively get a less used or cheap tyre for stepney for emergency. Eventually, you might need to consider going for some better reputed tyre brands. Still every once in a while somebody faces these sidewall issues for any brand even at lesser kms than you mentioned.
  10. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    I have already ordered one Tyre of same brand and specification as OEM and will replace it by this weekend.
    Regarding other brands i will change all 5 once enough life is completed of existing Tyres.