1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    cgujral, Thats the link rod and it does go away sometimes and its normal. As for the clutch if you are within the warranty period, then you can insist especially if it is evenly worn. Fiat has not fixed any life for the clutch where they can reject if for eg they say, above 30k kms we will not accept. In the absence of any guideline and being within warranty period, u are justified to claim. I am saying all this because I had got mine replaced under warranty at 35K kms and it was accepted as the wear and the clutch was hard and was even inspected and cleared by the FIAT technician in Chennai. My second set lasted 50K kms

Abdul
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Abdul, earlier TASC replaced the clutch (I think it was faulty, as per Fiat), but after 39K, I don't think it can be accepted as warranty claim on clutch.

However, if clutch is working normally, it can be used for some more time.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Elastic pads are a common problem in new gen fiats even redesigned ones last this much only and they are covered under extended warranty only till 35k kms. Fiat 2 year manufacturer warranty don't specify any limit on km reading.
    See if you can find QH Talbros link rods in aftermarket they cost same as Guttman and QH Talbros is a supplier to Fiat's Magnetti Marelli parts subsidiary and quality is as good as OEM.
    Ignore clutch until you feel problem in gear shifting or pickup of car. Also get a quote from all FASS in your city and nearby city, labor charges vary from dealer to dealer in Fiat from 1.5k to almost 5k.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    3 people like this.
  4. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3

That's interesting, difference in labour charges? Anyway, am planning to go to Bosch Service Centre tomorrow. Also, I am attaching herewith the " Extended Warranty booklet" sent to me by FIAT SERVICE. This is covering the strut mounting, bearing and control arms ( Does control arm means Link rod as well?)

Attached Files:

5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The booklet is a dubious piece of paper that specifies a lot but the company handling the extended warranty does not give anything so easily as it appears in the booklet.

I just got the elastic pads of my 2010 punto replaced. The dashboard was making lots of noise especially over rough roads and I had a feeling as if everything inside is broken.

Turned out to be worn out elastic pads.
  6. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Yashik it is just paper, but from a legible source and foundation for deliberation....for sure nothing comes easy or just like that, will have to fight for it and that not just with FIAT its with all brand ASS. Anyway, now they have agreed to put up the case for coverage under warranty..lets see what happens...
    1 person likes this.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Control arm means suspension lower arm with ball joint mostly termed as Chimta by most mechanics.
    Your EW booklet doesn't specify any limit on coverage of suspension so mounting should be covered under warranty. My EW booklet from United Insurance clearly specified 35k kms limit on suspension items.
    1 person likes this.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes! I hope your genuine case gets extended warranty.

This is what exactly is the cause of my frustration over extended warranty. Everything is mentioned clearly in the booklet but visit the A.S.C. and new clauses surface and we are told that it is not covered in extended warranty in your case. In feel instead of specifying many parts covered under extended warranty, they should specify it precisely. Wear and tear items with 35k limit for warranty should be mentioned in the booklet itself.
  9. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Get your engine protection plate and the mountings , especially c mounting checked throughly.
    these 2 causes lots of vibration in lower gears and during acceleration.

- - - Merged Post - - -

For clutch - is your car pulling without issue in 2 nd gear without pressing accl pedal even on a little inclined road upwards ? If that is fine clutch may be ok.
  10. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Guys, first of all thanks for all the support. Finally got the suspension changed under warranty. They changed the Strut Mounting, Link rod, Suspension and the disk as well. ( When they opened things the Suspension was leaking and Brake disc also had problem). So finally All noise gone.:)

It wasn't easy but thanks to Mr. Bhupinder Singh, he understood everything and spoke to the people for the warranty coverage. One thing that came up is that this 35K clause is written in 2009 models. As i had a 2010 august model, my Extended warranty booklet doesn't mention 35K limit. So when he first spoke to someone, probably the warranty facilitator, he denied the coverage saying that it is only covered till 35K but then as Mr. Singh insisted that the Extended warranty booklet don't mention it. They then referred everything to one Mr. Abhishek, who probably is a senior guy, and he cleared everything.

Clutch issue still remains but probably I also thought that let us take it one by one. Will be taking the issue separately later on. The important thing with clutch is how to define "worn out" or Normal wear & tear.

But, as Yashik said : it is actually quite annoying, the booklet says one thing and then they would come with all kind of reasons and conditions. It has become a habit " Deny everything first" most of the people will not confront and they don't have to cover anything in warranty.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014