1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    There could be leakage at the valve point check for cracks or valve pin fault ..
  2. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks guys for quick reply...today i took to puncture shop and check all the valve they are fine...I will wait till today evening...to check whether pressure comming down...if still same problem..then need to remove all tyres and check.

My concern is how all the four tyres will have the problem
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    When are you filling up ? When the tyres are cold ? How & where are you checking the air pressure ?
  4. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    clutch & supsension issue after the tyre upgrade

Hi Frineds, I need urgent help. I have recently upgraded mytyres and now facing suspension problem. I earlier had GT3 tyres and were having shaking problem, replaced them and the drive is good now. But I had started experieneing some noise, like somehting is loose under the steering. also was experienceing some noise as and when they tyre goes through a pothole or is on a rough road.

I took my car today to the newly openend 3rd service centre of FIAT ( Thrust FIAT, Moti Nagar, New Delhi). Mr. Bupinder the GM of Tuli FASS has joined here. Now they have diagnosed that the mouting pads and connected rod is to be replaced. Now my question here is - My car has run 39K so far and mostly in city, quite sensibly, so isnt it quite early to have this problem? secondly could this be because i had driven around 4K on old GT3 which were casuing steering shake?

Secondly, quite strangely they also diagnosed that clutch is not OK and it has to be replaced. They felt that there is slight vibration when we release the clutch. I did felt this sometime but only when I am too slow on 2nd or 3rd gear. as such when I drive I dont feel any loss in accelration or fuel consumption being low or any problem with gear shift. Again as I said I have dirven quite sensibly, I have been driving cars since last 15 years, driven Maruti Van, 800, Indica Hyundai santro, ascent, altis but never had any problem ever with clutch, except the clutch wire getting loose in my Santro. which i think is normal. i feel quite strang to have this from a new age european design car to have clutch problem so early. Has anyone experienced this? and what have been other symptoms that you have felt with clutch problem?
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    CGujral, at 39k I am afraid clutch replacement can be in order for Linea. There have been numerous who have changed at as low as 25K as well. But if you keep driving that way it may cause excess stress on the engine and/or gearbox moreso in the near future. Tomorrow there is a service camp by Fiat and around 14% discount on labour as well. If SC is tied up or jammed with cars you can avail this discount upto a month subject to you car is booked for service by appointment in 2 days.

As regards suspension, connected rod AFAIK, is an engine component. Do they mean tie rod end or steering linkage connecting rod?
    Anyways, the first step would be to have wheel alignment done, sometimes the steering vibration and pull is reduced by this. And please try to change the tyre pressure slightly more or less to see if it makes a difference. These are not the best solution to your problem, but if this doesn't solve the problems, I am afraid the SC guys are correct in their diagnosis. Do update the thread later when the problem is fixed.
    2 people like this.
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Clutch wears out in 40K kms is normal in many cases and also when compared with industry standards.It all depends upon the driver.My clutch is still going at 80k kms although am started facing some issues lately.
  7. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Dear Asimpleson, thanks for the quick reply. This doesn't sounds good about the quality of the clutch they are using. About the camp, yes they told me about it. Infact, As I have to go for GC upgrade as well so they agreed to book my vehicle for GC upgrade kit, and will change it as the kit would be available.

This is the picture of the parts that need to be replaced for suspension for both font side. each costing aprox, Rs1500/- so total 6K +1.8K labour (Clutch kit 5.5K + 3.5K labour. Fi I go for GC kit as well another 16K). Service guy told me that this is common problem with linea and now FIAT has changed this mounting bracket to a much better one. ( Again it seem quality was compromised earlier)
    IMG00549-20140213-1716.jpg

I had got the wheel alignment checked recently as I changed all 4 tyres to Vredestein Sportrac 5 195/65 R15

The sound is like if something is loose and from the right front side only. Anyway, I will be going in for a second opinion as well today.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Checked on 99rpm, it shows Link rod by guttman for half the price of the FIAT original spare.

stablizer_link_rod.jpg
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I wondered initially if I should suggest you about GUTTMAN brand, but again you will need to see the quality for yourself or get those checked by Fiat personal. I am sure they will insist on original components. There is 14% discount on both parts and labour right now which is not too much an incentive I know ! Best to avail whatever discounts they have on offer.

In GC Kit change the Shock-abs. 4pcs. and two coil springs (the actual kit), the extras they suggest sometimes are really not needed. That should be somewhere less than 12k+labour with discounts on the whole at 14%.

Guttman is being used by people on their Palios and Sienas too due for cost saving reasons. They may last as good as OEM or maybe less, but then you are paying half, and perhaps even less on labour if you get it done from a local mechanic/garage. You could try your luck. These components are susceptible to wear and tear anyways so take a call.
    1 person likes this.
  9. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Its only on Labour..no discount on parts :(

I checked on this forum as well, it seems FIAT Clutch has some issues...

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-oem-spares-accessories/5889-fiat-linea-punto-clutch-life-9.html

But now the big question is is it covered under extended warranty, as suggested in some of the posts..
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry, I think they took it down later. :(

[post=841893611]#841893611[/post]
    1 person likes this.