1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. japa78

japa78 Amatore

change of tyres

went for 45k service ,got suspension GC kit fitted,done routinee maintenence,rear left window coil replaced,changed stock tyres with Yokohama avs db v550,in all spend Rs.90,000/- for doing 45,000 kms so about Rs.2/km on just maintenence with out fuel!! thought this was a bit expensive ? guys tell me if this is what it is with dsl cars.in petrol the rough thumb rule was the number of kms done is the no.paise per km for example if you have done 40 k kms then approx cost of maint is about 65 paisae per km. quite happy with the tyres .after the GC upgrade i noticed a slight body roll but the handling was just as good and to my great relief i could now drive my linea like an ambassodor,go anywhere,climb any pit just does not scrape your under chasis.After RDC fiat the service experiance is much better,but i feel the spares are still expensive.all said and done its tsill great to drive this car and once you hit the road you just dont want to come back!

PS- also changed my battery to amron paid 4.8k after xchange with old one,yokohama tyres Rs.5.5k each all inclusive from Radial trading centre north usman road.Great guy Mr.Jawa Kannan you can call him on 9444168982.gave me wheel alignment,balancing free and was a pleasent experience unlike whites road where everybody is treated like a driver!!
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Now, you spent around 40 K out of the 90 K on things that are directly irrelevant to the Diesel engine that too after 45000 Kms. How does that make maintaining a diesel expensive?

Rear left window coil should be covered under warranty :confused: if your car has extended warranty. How old is it?

And the title of the thread does not make any sense to me.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Even I am confued whether the thread wanted to focus on the maintenance of Diesel cars or the tyres change.

Anyways what was the stock tyres? Appollo Acceleres or Good year? Any particular reason for changing battery? Had it gone bust?

I guess the OP post was not structured to understand the thread title.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Getting GC done is optional and not under maintenance and same goes with tyres.GC kit -Rs 15000, coil - Rs2000, tyres - Rs22000, service- Rs7000 pluys battery Rs 4000 thus total Rs 40000 roughly .If u can elaborate how did u spend Rs 90000 on 45K service it can be of great help.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I think the OP is saying that 90,000 is the total spent on the car in a total span of 45,000 km's . Unless we see a complete breakup of the costs, it means nothing really.

Grande Punto 1.3
    Can you please given detailed info about service costs. Normally till 45k you would be spending 20 - 24k . You can refer to my service costs as mentioned below.

2nd service @14500Kms - 4950 Rs
    3rd service @ 28500Kms - 5200 Rs
    4th service @ 43000Kms - 6100 Rs
    Brake pads @ 24500Kms- 3500 Rs
    Total 19,750 Rs
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

My total Rs 65000 on my 2009 MJD done 75000 Kms which includes all services and ..

1.front /rear shockers replaced recently.
    2.Timing chain replacement.
    3.Tie rod
    4. Elastic pads (car out of warranty)
    5. Coolant changed twice to suit myself.
    6. transmission and clutch oil.
    7. Brake pads and disc changed twice (40000kms and 74000 kms)
    8. EGR cleaning.
    7. Front door weather seal.
  8. Manish Pawar

Manish Pawar Timido

Thanks for sharing the discussion, My Punto is still in the service center for last 2 months, they have changed booster, new brake pipes with new specs, still the issue is not resolved. Now they are going to reinstall the ECU. Lets hope for the best. I will be in touch.
  9. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    all four wheel tyre pressure comming down

Hi Friends

I have a strange issue in my punto MJD Dynamic ....I use to fill nito for my tyres and PSI will be 32 for all four wheels...Strangly all four wheels pressure comming down to 22 to 25 with in 24hrs. I though there might be problem in nitro filling, went to another shop removed full nitro from the tyres and filled again... this time also i am facing the same old problem. Today morning i removed nitro and filled with normal air.

Any sugession on this?
  10. pdash

pdash Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    check for puncture, i had same issue with one of my tyre.