1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I would request you to go and follow up. From what I could make out, it was just parked in the open.
  2. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Bangalore
    I am been following it up daily, 1st day there was no response and the response was "Need one more day" . 2nd day : Swapped the Front and rear tyre, With Test drive same problem, Again "One more day" , Today, 3rd Day , Status "Not resolved sir" But this time they didn't told me "one more day" and my guess was they might take days or weeks to resolve. Got very disappointing and sent and email to Fiat customer service. Let me see when i can it.
    Personally i am feeling sad for GP lying on the open air with Sun / Rain, On top of it, friends were laughing at me about this service behavior.
    My First car Alto had an accident and front assembly came 2 inch inside and with this major disaster to this Alto, the MASS serviced it in 2 days (removing that insurance approval , etcc.. ). with this my parents were telling me, that i did mistake of buying Punto instead of Alto siblings (some occasion even i felt, :confused: the same).

SA was advising me to hold the steering intact all the time. you might have driven over a pot hole or speed breaker without holding the steering , due to this alignment is went wrong. Is this advice acceptable !
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    What the SA is telling you is not acceptable. Even if the cause of bad alignment is a some damaged part then he should let you know the exact reason rather than coming up with grandmother bedtime stories.

Really bummed to see this happen. Did they try swapping in wheels from another car for test drive? And all the usual checks.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Trust me, for minor issues like these, it's better we fix an appointment, go with the car, stay there and get the car back, even if it's costs a day-off for us. Else, they would just leave it idle at one corner.

For the SA's explanation, do you remember hitting any pothole? Goto a 3rd party Wheel alignment centre and check for the values. If the values are fine, check your lower arms for any bends, if yes, they need to be changed, else, I would say live with the problem. Is it so prominent? Most of the roads are banked in a way that the car would veer to the left if the hands are off the steering wheel!
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This is the whole bloody problem :A :A

If you do not breath down their necks, FASS assumes you do not need the car and are willing to wait endlessly. I mean, swapping wheels and doing a test drive is a 30 minute job for me, with just one single jack. Why does it need one whole day for a fully equipped FASS?

How severe is the pulling issue? Did you try balancing/alignment from an external vendor first? Did FASS try swapping front wheel right to left? Please do not compare with your Alto being fixed in 2 days. If the accident caused the Alto's front assembly to go in 2 inches, it would have made the Punto smile.

FIAT's problem is simple - indifferent owners and nonchalant ASS staff. That is a lethal combination for any car manufacturer.

Rajan
  6. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Bangalore
    @Gurjinder : Front Tyre Left and right i swapped, at service center, they swapped Front with back tyres. Even i was puzzled with his comment and his intention was to get rid of myself and the vehicle so that he can attend some other work. ignoring his great idea, insisted on Test drive. First time i drove it and showed the problem, Service engineer accepted it and informed pls leave the car sir will fix it. Later one for service engineer drove it, he drove for a short distance and i kept quite thinking he will take to some highway or plain road, What he did was he kept the steering straight and hold it firmly (i didnt noticed that). he was more expert that the earlier i felt, "Mostly this could be alignment issue i will take care of it" and asked some queries

SE : Did you swapped the tyre
    Me : Yes Front left and right
    SE : Did you got the alignment done outside
    Me : Yes, From Madhus
    SE : They might have messed up the alignment due to other models of GP
    Me : even before and after alignment there was no difference , the pulling left didn't changed
    SE : Let me check in our Alignment machine .

@DRIV3R : I took the GP with the appointment. Even i asked they "would stay here till the service done" but they said, there is no Power. As this is driven by myself nothing i could remember hitting a pothole. i can't notice this in City drive, but in highway its scary.

- - - Merged Post - - -

In city drive i can't notice this, But in Highway its scary, every 200 Meters of drive its goes from left end to right end with 70KM drive i had a right hand shoulder pain. Initially days of my driving in city i used to have this pain, i thought its may be due to the steering feedback is strong i need to get adjusted with this.
    Yes i would have not compared Punto with other vehicle, Its the way the servicing is taking time and the responsibility of treating customers time.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Do you hold the steering with both hands?

Rajan
  8. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Bangalore
    not all the time (70% to 80%), i use right hand all the time on the steering.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Without ever trying to consciously hold the steering straight, start practising to hold the steering wheel with both hands always - Left had at 10 O'clock and right at 2 O'clock, except when shifting. Resting your left hand on the shift knob is a bad practise and will affect the life of the internal gearbox components. Why struggle to drive with one hand, when your other hand is doing nothing?

Especially on the highway, when gear shift is minimal, driving with your left hand resting on the gearshift and your right elbow resting on the window sill, puts undue stress on the right shoulder, which explains the pain.

No offence, but I personally feel that your driving style needs correction, not your car's setup.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  10. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Bangalore
    will stick to drive in both hands, But car's setup, there is a problem which i need to be corrected.