1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Guruprasad: Do yourself a favour and take the car to Madhus and get the alignment checked and may be you can try their roadforce machine to check the balancing. If you find anything serious, armed with the proof, you can ask for getting it fixed under warranty.
  2. itsvikrams

itsvikrams Novizio

chennai
    Rust on alloy joints...

My car is very new... 3 days old. I could see some rust in alloy wheels joints.. Don't know how I missed it in pdi.. What can be done now
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    alloy wheels joints?? Can you post some pictures? Superficial surface rust is normal in some wheel components. Hence asking.

Rajan
  4. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    It should not be problem. I had similar rust like thing in my linea wheel, which disappeared after sometime. Please post picture to know whether it is similar to my case or not.
  5. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Hi..
    I was facing similar issue with rear left wheel. 2012 emotion model.
    Rear left toe value was reading slightly different value. This was fied by Ramkay Chennai after serious follow.up. There seems to.be no problem with axle. They added shims to fix this.
  6. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
  7. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Bangalore
    Thank you all, got the wheel alignment done at Madhus, there is no major deviation from min and max value. even after the alignment on highway or in plainer road if i leave the steering wheel it simply goes towards left. after 100+ Km driving my right shoulder is paining. Called up K.H.T and there was no service or checkout slot for next 4 days :( . Let me get it serviced at K.H.T and get it rectified.
  8. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Bangalore
    Dear ALL,

I too facing this problem with by Brand new vehicale, Minimal Grey GP 90 HP. Initially for 3 weeks was driving in city limit and never felt there is a left pulling. After driving 90+ KM on highway I was enjoying the comfort and GP’s capability of dynamics, but didn’t felt or realized myself that I am always steering towards right all the time. When I reached the destination my right shoulder started paining and then I realized I must have steered towards right all the time. Then I took the car alone on NH4 myself and my heart broke out and realized that this GP always goes to left if I leave steering or even if I hold the steering straight.

Called up FIAT customer care and suggested to me take my vehicle to FASS. Its been 3 days in service center, still the problem is not resolved.

On the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] day, the FASS engineers swapped the front and rear tyre but still the problem persists.Waiting for the FASS call about the rectification.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Is your car with KHT? I saw your car there today. And BTW, yours is a Minimal Grey and not a BNW. :)
  10. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Bangalore
    Yes, you are right. BNW was a type mistake. Its been there from past 3 days.