1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Left Pulling is quite normal problem for fiat Punto and Linea models...I have taken my car ...couple of time but they couldn't...FIAT service is able to fix it temporarily but not permanently. After googling on this...I go to know tat...this complaint is a kind of virus to FIAT cars across the globe.
    The only solution is to...get the DISC's chaged....I have discussed this with the FIAT engineer who recently visited the Exclusive fiat service dealer here in hyd....
    He proposed the dealer to get my DISC's chaged...waiting for an appointment!!!!
  2. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Bangalore
    Rear Left wheel is tilted inward for less than 1000 KM driven GP

Dear All,

Pulls towards left if I leave the steering, 2 weeks back I observed the rear left wheel being tilted inward but I thought the road is not a plainer surface and ignored it. While driving in highway I felt steering bit heavy and I used to always drag it towards right if i leave the steering it always goes to left. Then I parked the GP on cement road which is almost plainer surface and I could see the tilted very clearly. Bit disappointed and called up FIAT Customer care and the answer is “will get back to you in less than 2 days”, then to K.H.T service and the representative suggested it could be a alignment issue and fixed the service on Monday.
    camber.jpg
    Most of my drive was in Bangalore city and driven by myself and no co passenger, with various source and earlier post, I heard most of GP (earlier version) had this problem of rear wheel being tilted inward / outward due to its Suspension configuration. Till now I have driven 900+ KM and friends were suggesting me to get the wheel and suspension replaced.

Is this a minor problem ? or it could be a alignment issue (as GP doesn't have rear wheel alignment)

Thanks in advance and for your friendly advice.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can't make out anything visually, but when the car is set up on the alignment jig, the camber value will be clear.

I've heard the service centres using shims to straighten this issue out. If it were left to me, i'd insist on replacement of all the parts involved as opposed to using shims if none were used in the first place (at the factory).

Cheers.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I think that is because the vertical line is parallel to the central groove on the tyre. It is not immediately noticeable that the vertical line is not at 90 degrees to the horizontal line. This picture might make it clearer to visualize.

Right Angle.jpg

Agree with you on the usage of shims, though.

Rajan
  5. Every car will have some camber straight out if factory.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Just go to a alignment shop and ask them to check rear alignment and ask for a print out of report.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Even my Camber was out when I got the alignment done last year.A month back I got my front shockers changed, the alignment was not out .It was Sunday in FASS and no alignment people so I got it checked from my regular alignment guy.He said its perfect and no alignment required as shocker change wouldn't effect the alignment, his words " dont waste your money". I feel some wobbli feeling and body vibrations at low speed.
  8. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Bangalore
    Thank you all,

I had been to K.H.T service center, service adviser & Engineer acknowledged saying "due to wider tyre profile, it looks tilted" , but i could see bit tilted toward inward even when its lifted in alignment bay. Did the alignment (didn't charged for it and thanks to their Generosity).

Even after alignment, while driving on ring road , vehicle is still dragging towards left. Planning to get the alignment outside and let me see.

tfi-alignment.jpg

tfi-alignment.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    You can even check the contact patch of the tyre by fixing a ggod sticker across the width of the tyre and also a use a waterproof marker line and then run the car. Where there is no contact, the sticker and the marking will remain to an extent. This method just came to my mind.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Camber and Toe are within specification no need to do anything.
    -0.56 to -0.16 is the range