1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks KayGeeFIAT, I hope your MJD has a GC of 185. What is your tyre profile ?
  2. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Hi ,

Even I got Apollo Accelere on my car , the tire does score high on cushioning . But I just want to know from you do you experience lightness in steering or wobbling at speeds above 80 ? With GT3 the ride was very bouncy and hard , but the steering feel was really awesome .
  3. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Just completed the TD with the new T Jet now :grin:, overall impressed with the car. It was the emotion variant with 190 mm GC. I have driven it on bad roads and a highway like stretch on the OMR for a distance around 15 Kms.

The increased GC has not affected the handling dynamics. Absolutely no body roll at all :grin:. Tried at around 100 KMPH and felt in absolute control. The ride was smooth on bumpy roads, nothing to complain about.

Sreejith
    1 person likes this.
  4. Re: Ground Clearance thoughts.. Pros and Cons of increased GC

Apollo is an excellent VFM tyre,did 22k odd kms with it till now(had only one tyre side wall cut, which was my fault had to change the tyre.)till 140 it is fine but after that the steering feels lighter,and vibrations on steering is felt.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i've driven a 2012 punto that my friend owns and I've driven that straight away after getting out of my punto 2009 model and if you compare it back to back then there will be minor handling differences . There is slight amount of roll under hard cornering compared to 2009 . But its only felt if you drive these 2 models back to back or else both are extremely good in the handling dept.

Going over potholes has its own share of happiness in the upgraded GC models and its definitely better than what my car can achieve.
    I have not gone in for the GC because it spoils the look IMO . But if i now own any upgraded GC model (linea/punto) I dont think i will ever crib about it.
    3 people like this.
  6. Harshad M J

Harshad M J Timido

Trivandrum
    Pulling towards left seems to be manufacturing defect even my car has this problem. Had done alignment and wheel balancing I have Apollos. Need to take it to TASS
  7. Nuts&Bolts

Nuts&Bolts Novizio

Auburn Hills, MI
    Changed the tyres to 185 / 70 R 14 , Mrf ZLO from jk tornados. Wheel alignment and balancing also done for 4 wheels. No left pulling or steering wobble or tyre noise after this change. Getting the alignment correct seems really tricky in Punto s.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  8. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Guys,

I have taken two TDs with the new T Jet (190 mm GC) for around 15-20 Kms each. There is a wee bit of body roll; but the handling is still really good and ride quality is still the best in its class :D.

One question to the experts here :D. If I add an OEM spoiler for the new T Jet; will it negate the 190 mm GC effect whatsoever ?
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Nope. Not to my knowledge. The function of the spoiler is to keep the rear end planted and reduce body roll in high speeds.

You seem to be the first one in this forum to have TDed the new T-Jet. Where is the TD report buddy?

Rajan
  10. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Rajan,

I have already posted my TD experience in the other post. Reposting here with changes after the second TD which I have completed today.

Just completed the second TD with T Jet today :grin:, overall impressed with the car. It was the emotion variant. I have driven it on bad roads and and a highway like stretch on the OMR for a distance around 15-20 Kms.

The first TD was with RDC motors and second one with Ramkay FIAT.

Few points I have noticed

1. The increased GC has not affected the handling dynamics. Absolutely no body roll at all :grin:. Tried at around 100 KMPH and felt in absolute control. After the second TD, I was wondering whether an OEM spoiler will negate the bad impacts of increased GC if any.
    2. The ride was smooth on bumpy roads, nothing to complain about. Still it is the best in its class, undoubtedly.
    3. Gear shift was OK, felt a bit hard. Probably will improve after the runin. In the second TD today, shift felt good.
    4. The spare wheel is not an alloy :???:, the SA from RDC explained that FIAT is avoiding that to reduce cost :sad:... . During the second TD (with Ramkay), the SC was telling that he will confirm this point..
    5. The glove box was not closing properly. SA explained that they can correct it by adjusting the lock. The second TD car didn't had this problem, asked the SC and he said this issue is corrected.
    6. Plastic quality felt slightly better and the beige interior is more brighter now (more whitish rather than beige).

OTR Price for emotion variant in Chennai is Rs.10,48,662/-

Sreejith
    1 person likes this.