1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Kiran,

I have also verified the same issue & found that the camber bolt of right side needs a replacement.
    The alignment person told me as the company fitment the bolt comes with full grooves & the one he suggested that with half groove.

I have also confirmed the same with SC & they told me that they have such type of camber bolts. So just check if you are lucky to change the bolts.

I am planning to do so in next couple of weeks.

Mods have you got any suggestions about the camber bolt from any alignment centers?

The reason I got that due to bad humps the grooved bolts are getting tampered & due to this the alignment will not affect but the tyre position will be slight tilted.
    Because of this the tyre grip will not get any harm but it will cause the left side pulling.
    1 person likes this.
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Just talked to the SA, he replied that our cars do not have a camber bolt. Now totally confused.

Kiran
  3. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    Hello kiran
    Let me answer your query that every tire that comes along with your car as part of your OEM fittment initially is checked in testing stage itself for all this kind of issues and finally based on OEM's inputs each tire manufacturer makes all those corrections and that particular tire gets approved for that particular vehicle only so once the tire life is gone & when we replace tires definitely you cannot get the same performance as original.It would match only to some level
    If your tire was performing better initially and you find it has deteriorated only now please try having a wheel rotation as per you owners manual since you have already done wheel alignment.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Hello Guys,
    My issue got rectified.
    My local dealer in Hyderabad, had invited the Fiat engineer from Pune. Fortunately, in his presense it got rectified. The service provided from FIAT is awesome, they have got an manual (10 pages document) designed by FIAT especially for LEFT-PULLING.
    I got chance to read the entire document, and it mentions all the possible steps to rectify this issue.
    They have just OUT-IN my left wheel to get it rectified. Just, contact ur local dealers for the same.

Happy Driving,
    Srinath
    3 people like this.
  5. Hello Guys,
    My issue got rectified.
    My local dealer in Hyderabad, had invited the Fiat engineer from Pune. Fortunately, in his presense it got rectified. The service provided from FIAT is awesome, they have got an manual (10 pages document) designed by FIAT especially for LEFT-PULLING.
    I got chance to read the entire document, and it mentions all the possible steps to rectify this issue.
    They have just OUT-IN my left wheel to get it rectified. Just, contact ur local dealers for the same.

Happy Driving,
    Srinath
  6. Saurabh2177

Saurabh2177 Novizio

Kanpur,U.P.
    hi ,got the same the same issue with my Punto Active diesel has run 10k was damn worried as a friend told that the brake pads are wearing and damage the drums,
    it seems in these years TFI has got no issue left to be discussed on Fiat cars am releived to read this thread.

cheers for TFI..
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Saurabh please refer reply from Tron. Not to worry.

Sent from my MK16i using Forum Runner
  8. PhaniReddy

PhaniReddy

Bangalore
    Pulling towards left side is a manufacturing defect with Fiat Punto Models. I have been battling this issue for more than one and half year and yet there is no fix from either the dealer or the FIAT team in Pune. I have been repeatedly assured to fix and there is no respite. I am evaluating the options to pull FIAT to consumer courts, if you want to join you are most welcome.

All cars with this defect will need to be recalled and fixed, the money paid for such defective product is not worth. Moreover, the left pull is not just a driving experience issue, it is a potential threat to the car and occupants at moderate speeds.
  9. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Ground Clearance thoughts.. Pros and Cons of increased GC

Hi Folks,

There has been lot of talk in the forum on the increased GC for T Jet. Most of the members were saying that 190 mm would be an overkill and can spoil the handling dynamics of the otherwise outstanding Linea T Jet.

I believe that the 2012 Linea and 2013 MJD and Fire also has an increased GC of 185 mm and I believe that there are lot many owners of these cars in this forum. I would like to know their opinion on the pros and cons of this increased GC.

Please post your thoughts and experiences here so that it will be useful for other potential buyers...

Thanks in advance :)

Sreejith
  10. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    Linea MJD 2012 - Apollo Acellere - 18 K so far- maintain TP of 33 PSI (cold). I've never even realised that there IS an issue. I have long commutes through good and bad roads daily. Going by the forum that some folks have experienced rolling, my personal experience is that going by the definition of rolling (when you get into a turn at good speed, you feel that you are being pushed in the opposite side of turn) I hardly ever feel any push in any direction. Moreover rides over bumpy roads did not produce any discomfort. In fact in my extensive experience of driving cars world over (humble Maruti Omni in India to Beemer on the Autobahns in Germany) I have absolutely NO hesitation is saying that the Fiat Linea 2012 come tops in terms of handling hands down.

Mebbe - its the tyres - 'cos in the forums I did see a mention of lot of different brands, but some who had Acceller did mention they did not have issues. Apollo Acceller is certainly good in terms of cushioning/ride/grip/handling but scores low on tyre noise which is awful!
    1 person likes this.