1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. vijaycool

vijaycool

Chennai
    Please tell us the caster values and SAI.
  2. Nuts&Bolts

Nuts&Bolts Novizio

Auburn Hills, MI
    Dheeraj,

I had the same issue at the time i took my car. It took almost a year for the blokes in Concorde Chennai to figure out that the rear suspension was the culprit. Had the complete rear dead axle (arm) changed under warranty. Before going into suspension, Check the tyres. JKs are real crappy tyres. My spare JK tyre is defective.. whenever i put them, my car pulls to one side. If the suspension / Tyres are found to be defective - ask them to replace them ( if suspension is the problem .. ask them to replace the worn out tyre also). They replaced mine without charging a dime.
  3. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    I am not sure JK tyres has anything to do with car pulling to the left. I had this problem from day1 and got the wheel alignment done at a reputed place here in Bengaluru. Post that all is well. I am running JKs that came stock from the factory.
  4. Nuts&Bolts

Nuts&Bolts Novizio

Auburn Hills, MI
  5. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Maybe in specific (unfortunate) instances. I don't think JK as a company makes tyres that can't run on a straightline i.e don't think we can have a genralised statement which reads "Running Punto on JK tyres leads to car pulling to the left".

Maybe a good check-point though.
  6. Nuts&Bolts

Nuts&Bolts Novizio

Auburn Hills, MI
    I agree with you Nithin & I was not making a generalized statement. These issues can happen with tyres manufactured by any big tyre manufactures.
  7. fiat583

fiat583 Novizio

kerela
    The story continues......
    my 1 month old/1000 km complted punto 1.3 emotion has the left pulling issue from day1. Initially I thought its just a perception and the related threads on the issue in TFI did not point to any serious issue or issue at all.

But later I confirmed that the issue exists. Went to service center today. I thought they wil not accept the issue. But the polite SA listened to my compliant and assured that they will check, do allignment and check further and he will update me.
    Later when I called him, he updated me that they have done alignment and later tyre rotation, but still the issue persists. So, they have to do further check ups. So, the car is still there in the service center.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Don't do the alignment at SC. Please do it at the good alignment center near to your location & the issue will easily resolve.
    Also check the same pulling on the straight roads & don't try it on curvy roads :)
  9. Hello FIATian's,
    Hope all of are enjoying the sky drive's with FIAT...
    Anyhow...I have got a problem with my new FIAT punto. Its pulling me to the left on the straight road ("also"). Yesterday, I checked with the dealer and as per him its because of the "JK-Tyres".
    He promised me...saying that...he will change the tyres (through Warranty) if the cause is proved.
    Literally, I am waiting for his call...TODAY........
    Guys...if u have the same problem...get ur tyres/shockers changed immediately in the WARRANTY period.

Happy driving,
    Srinath
  10. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I also have the same problem of the car pulling towards the left side. Despite getting it checked @ 2 good tyre allignment centres, the problem is still there. Now I have asked the SC to check this problem as it looks like is not an allignment problem. My new set of tyres C-Drive have completed 16k kms and my car 63k kms.

Kiran
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013