1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Then it should have been same for Punto Sports as well. Am disappointed with this
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Both T-Jet+ and 2012 Linea Emotion come with 5 pieces of 16" Alloys.
  3. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Take it easy. Pretty soon cars will come with "take me home/repair shop" spares instead of real spare tyres.
  4. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    You are right Ravi, my Linea Emotion came with 16" spare Alloy. One dealer had Emotion on display and it had ALL Alloys and 3 head rests at the rear seat. Later I heard that that has changed to 2 head rests and steel spare wheel; however I got ALL alloys and 3 head rests.

- - - Merged Post - - -

What's the manufacturing date of your vehicle. It seems that this change was made recently. Even Dealers were not clear about it.

I got all 5 wheels 16" alloys with my Linea Emotion - but the vehicle was manufactured in June 2012.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  5. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    I have got all 5 tyres in same spec however only 4 alloys and spare is 15" steel rim in my Punto emotion.
  6. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Don't worry Its the same case with me, During My Fiat Factory visit trip my left tyre had a side wall cut, I drove Punto with spare wheel for more than 300KMS at speed from 100 - 120 but nothing happened , although there was a bit compromise in handling I could drive without any issues, It is the same case with Volkswagen Polo as well
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Spare Tyre in new car

Cars like Volvo S60
    Come without a spare and almost
    Every premium car comes with a space saver spare tyre.
  8. raj29

raj29 Superiore

My 2012 90HP came with a full size spare with steel rim (15 inchers). I got the steel rim replaced with alloy.
    All the Punto sport come with 14 inch spare wheel, but because of the rubber spec there is technically no difference in case you have to use the spare as a replacement of a punctured tire.

And yes some high end cars come without a spare!!
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. kansal.dheeraj

kansal.dheeraj

Delhi
    Hi Abhishek,

Issue is still there. I have gone places to check the alignment and found it alright everywhere. Rear left tyre was getting dips in it and their claim was that it is because of faulty shockers, but same has been checked properly and no fault was found in it. Still they replaced it because it was in warrenty.

Also, General Manager at Oberoi Cars, Sector 1, Noida told me that it is because of the bad conditions of the road you are driving on. This was kind of extreme I could tolerate their views on the issues. When I asked him the reason for different types of wear in all four tyres, all four tyres running on the same roads everytime, he said that I can't say anything because it's the tyre issue.

Although they agreed to pay me 40 % amount for replacing front 2 tyres, but still they are not sure that what exactly the problem is and why are tyres getting worn out unevenly.

For me, I am not accepting this settlement and decided to fight legally on this issue now.

Best regards,
    Dheeraj
  10. kansal.dheeraj

kansal.dheeraj

Delhi
    Does the tyre upgrade affect warranty ??

Hi Guys,

Can anybody please tell me that upgrading tyres from JK Tornadoes 165/70 R14 to Michelin or Continental 185/70 R14 would affect the warranty in any manner ??

Also, Any reviews for a comparison between Michelin XM2 and Continental CEC3 ?

Best Regards,
    Dheeraj