1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. abhishek

abhishek

Dear Dheeraj,

Just wanted to check if your problem got resolved. I have the exact same issue and they just do alignment and now have started blaming tyre fault. One of they tyre has totally gone bad and will need replacement.

Abhishek
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  2. Spare Tyre in new car

We got new Punto sports last week. All 4 tyres are from Goodyear but the spare one is from JK Tyre and that to 14''.

Is that a issue?
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is no issue as such.
    The normal tyres are of 195/60 R15 size and spare should be 165/80 R14. Both have almost same height.

This is a non-sense cost cutting from Fiat.
  4. thanks for the answer. Showroom sales people could not explain it though. They said technically there is no issue but had no answer why there is different tyre i.e JK vs Goodyear
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi, what about the spare wheel is that alloy ..?
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    The spare wheel is a 14" steel rim with 165/80 R14, the one that you see on Active variants. The probable reason that one might give is that we rarely use the spare wheel, in case of a puncture and a 14" wheel will suffice the short distance to be travelled before getting the other wheel fixed.
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In my case the spare wheel had different manufacturing date........it had manufacturing date of 2311 while others had 0512
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Spare wheels are usually not alloys. However, not sure about T Jet+ as I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the spare wheel also is alloy in T Jet+ and of the same specs as that of other 4 wheels. Not sure though.

This is not India-specific and not Fiat-specific. They do it to save on cost and space.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think even in MJD Linea top end model, have 16" Alloy (Same as other wheels) in spare.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The T-Jet Plus does indeed have a full sized tyre and alloy, even for the spare.

Rajan