1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Try taking the car to some other service centre to get a second opinion. SOme of the delhi people here can help you in finding (relatively) better A$$.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think,
    Left pulling - Wheel Alignment issue
    Steering wobbling - Wheel Balancing issue

Go to some reputed tyre alignment/balancing shop in your city and check with them.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Try to search MRF wheel allignement centers near your locations. These guys are good than ASS.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Alignment shop will only touch toe adjustments. Some times the other variables caster and camper may be misaligned. Only TASS can do something in that direction because alteration of it will affect warranty. Next time when you go to alignment shop ask them to check(not alter) the caster and camper values. This was informed by one tyre shop fellow in kerala where he observed a small variation in caster angles and he told it is OK.
  5. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Need to know detail about wheel balancing and alignment

Hi all,
    I am a owner of Punto. I am planning to do the alignment done for my car as the car has crossed 8K mark.

Can you people suggested a good alignment center near Marthahalli, Bangalore.

And please explain me the diff between alignment, rotation and balancing. and what is the use of weight for this process.

PD
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
  7. kansal.dheeraj

kansal.dheeraj

Delhi
    Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions. I did not get a chance to go to some other tyre shop. But I visited Oberoi cars service center at sector 63 Noida. They told me that there is some problem with Shockers because of which tyre surface has become uneven. They are going to change the shockers now. Fingers crossed for a positive resolution.

P.S. Oberoi Cars in sector 1, Noida are still saying that there iss no issue with the car. It's the manufacturing defect in tyres.

Regards,
    Dheeraj
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    So are they going to change the shockers i warranty? As tyres I doubt....
    Check with them & insists them to replace the damaged tyres to as this damage has done due to their faulty shocks....
  9. Vithal

Vithal

Bangalore
    My 1.3 MJD Punto is pulling left. It has covered 13k KMS so far (1.5 yrs). Looking for advice on whether to get the alignment done from TASS or any private body shops (please suggest shops).
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I do it from outside...from MRF tyres..they are professional.........i dont trust TASS(they charge double...)......