1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Re: Whats with my Brakes?

Thnks Abdul
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

You didn't mention How was your brake performing in the earlier 10000 odd km when the squeal was heard. Did you have any problem with the braking ? from what you mentioned i believe the brake had the bite but you heard a squeak.
    I think changing brake pads at 30k is recommended but as early as 10k is not acceptable. You should have made a case out of this that time.
    I changed my brake pads at around 34k with absolutely no issues as I thought the brakes pads could have lasted another5k but didn't take a chance. Also eventually a worn out pad will eat into the disks and damage it.
    VP changed both disks n pads at 30k.
    Like I said you should have fought to get the brake pads changed free at the early stage as the squealing is not normal.
    In fact I got my clutch assembly changed at 34k in warranty( although its not covered under warranty ) because I convinced them that clutch slipping is not normal so early on.

btw I have also heard squeal from my brakes. This happens after I do a under body spray wash. The squeal happens for a few seconds immediately after wash
  3. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai

Fast love
    I didnt pursue the matter coz I really have a very aggressive driving style (most of the times the occupants are at the edge of the seat). I brake very late, very close and very hard. This bad habit got a further boost thanks to the excellent stability of the car. So when the first change of pads was suggested I seriously didnt think it could be the cars fault. Now at 30 k I proactively suggested the change of pads & I was promptly asked to change the discs too. But now the squealing has totally stopped.
    Anup
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune

Even i got my Brake Pads changed at 15K service.... and was suggested that Disc and Pads change will follow in 30K service... they do it as caution too as you will take your car now at 45K...
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

First & foremost - I found Linea's brakes to be extremely good & effective.

On the other hand, during my 15K service, Fortune SA told me that I would need to change brake pads at around 20-22 K kms. I asked isn't it too early. He said its recommended as many people have changed it even at 15K kms.

Now, 30K kms service - they changed Brake pads & Brake Discs both citing that its needed. I never raised it much as I was so much in love of the transformation fo my car after that service.

But yeah - even 30K kms sounds a bit early for Brake pads & discs change.
  6. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    My Punto issues - pulling left & gear shift

Lately my Punto has been plagued with following two issues -

1. Pulling to left- When crusing at 40-50 and if you leave the steering, car pulls towards left. I tried to leave the steering tilted slightly towards right and leave the steering, still the steering moves towards left and car is pulled towards left.
    With hands firmly on steering you do not observe the "left pulling" pressure. Its only when you take your hands off the steering it moves left.
    No idea what could be the reason. My odo stands at 4000kms and during 1st service, alignment was checked, no misalignment diagnosed.

2. Hard gear shift- Gear shift is slighlty vague. Even after pressing the clutch fully, some times first gear doesn't engage. In such situations, I depress and press the clutch fully and try to engage it with some force. I can sense that gear is engaing but with "unhappiness", its same kind of feeling of gear shift when the clutch is not fully pressed 9even though I have pressed clutch fully..!). Initially I thought the clutch might not be getting fully pressed due to my shoes, so I have driven bare foot and fully engaged the clutch. Problem appears - while engaging 1st gear. Also, the gear shift is not as smooth it was.

I have booked appointment at Pandit Auto, lets see what happens.

Has any one of you faced with this situation?
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Re: My Punto issues - pulling left & gear shift

Issue No. 1. Get the alignment done again.
    Issue No. 2. Ask the ASS to check the clutch slave cylinder
  8. Re: My Punto issues - pulling left & gear shift

Its not always the alignment...get wheel balancing done..
  9. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune

I will be checking the alignment for sure, but I doubt if its the culprit as it was checked recently during 1st service and also there doesnt seem to be uneven tyre wear.
  10. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Faulty Clutch Assly. & Slave cylinder.

I got replaced both under warrantee. Problem solved upto 98 %

Hundekari Motors did not gave warrantee. :A

So I went to Aurangabad. 110 KM away from Ahmenagar & got warrantee claim from Sanya Motors. :clap