1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes, check your tyres for puncture. I recently had a similar issue with my tyre. After filling up to 34PSI, the pressure would go down to around 20PSI in 1-2 days and stay there. Took it to the tyre shop and they found the puncture and fixed it. Now no issues.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tubeless tyres, if puncture is small, it takes weeks to make it flat. It slowly reduces, so get it checked.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If I am reading this right, then it is very unlikely that it is a puncture. I mean what are the chances of all the wheels getting slow leak punctures at the same time?

@mayank - Do you fill up air at the same place always? Do you have a pressure gauge? If you do, then please check the pressure with that first thing in the morning - cold pressure. Try filling air at a different place to rule out gauge calibration issues at your regular place. Also, get your valves checked.

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  4. mayank

mayank Amatore

Thank you guys :) will get it checked very soon :) @Patchyboy:- yaa i agree with you..if not all then most of the time the front wheels goes for a slow leak..and i get it filled at different places exact 32pounds but still same thing happens..
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Is 32 psi the recommended pressure? Also, have you tried rotating your wheels to see if the problem is with the tyre?

If 32 psi is recommended for the Punto (For my T-jet it is 36 psi in the front), it would be the cold tyre pressure. If the place you fill at is anything more than 2 kms from where you live, try filling 34 psi.

Also, did you just change tyres? If so, please ensure that the beads are seated properly. I had the same issue in one of my tyres, where the leak was almost undetectable, even when the tyre was immersed in water. Then when we removed the tyre from the alloy, we found a small sticker on the lip of the alloy. Removing that resolved the issue :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  6. I am attaching the pic of the box in which my alloys came. So far it is clear that Punto's hub diameter is 58.1mm . On the box it is written Hub : 73.1 . Now my question is that is 78.1 should be the outer diameter of the spigot ring? should i directly go to the lathe machine guy and ask him to make 4 rings of inner diameter of 58.1mm and outer diameter of 78.1mm ?? and what should be the width of the ring??? i hope my question is clearly you guys! IMG-20120914-00043.jpg
  7. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Girish,
    Is this issue resolved?
  8. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I hope its not too late of the response. I guess you should be going for a inner dia of 58.1 mm and outer dia of 73.1mm. Just double check the outer dia by measuring it out. Could you please clarify how you arrived at the 78.1 outer dia?
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  9. PKMohan

PKMohan Amatore

Bangalore
    Alignment and Wheel balancing query

I have done almost 24000kms in 1.5years. Off late I am observing steering vibrations around 80kmph which dies away soon above 90kmph or so. I haven't touched the alignment at all in this 1.5years and did wheel rotation at 18000kms. Apart from these vibrations the vehicle is perfectly stable and doesn't pull on either sides.

Though alignment check needs to be done at second service (15K kms), it was not done. When I asked after the service the SA mentioned that it is checked and its fine, but I doubt the same, as the invoice doesn't mention anything about it.

My question here is, is it mandatory to do the alignment in this case or can I just do wheel balancing to get away on these vibrations?

I just don't want to mess around with the factory settings on the alignment. I regularly check the tires for any uneven wear and they are absolutely fine.

Regards
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Alignment should be done at 5000 kms(minimum) irrespective of any make of cars. Please get it done and check for improvement.
    1 person likes this.