1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

2. Today I went for another round of wheel alignment at a different place. He showed me the camber was okay but the toe was way off the mark. How can this be possible? It hadn't been a week since my last alignment and I had taken utmost care not to ride over potholes. Now, after the alignment, the steering has become off-centred by 10-15 degrees to the left but the car doesn't pull to any side if i let go of the steering. It's very awkward to drive such beautiful car with a slanted steering wheel. I don't know what to do now. What should my next step? I visited the service centre on the way back home and i was called for on monday (the technician i believe remains in call duty since there are practically no fiat cars!!)
  3. vijaycool

If the car is not pulling the steering wheel center can be realigned with a mechanic. He will remove the steering and realign it. Toe causes lots of issue in terms of tire wear and bump steer to some extent and loose feeling .
  4. Nuts&Bolts

Nuts&Bolts Novizio

Auburn Hills, MI
    If the rear wheel alignment values are out of place.Ask them to Replace the faulty rear trailing arm. I had the same issue in my Punto & it never resurfaced after the replacement.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I also had this problem where it used to drag to the left, i got the wheel balancing, alignment and steering adjustment done... at Iyengar's Tyre clinic
  6. Thank you guys for your suggestions!! last monday i did the alignment again in the authorized service centre. The problem still exists but to a lesser extent- it doesn't pull to any particular side but the steering wheel is still off-center marginally. An attempt was to adjust the steering wheel and you can guess the outcome. But the main gripe is that the steering feels a bit vague like TATA's and comfort level has also gone down. I recently fitted Michelin Primacy LC tires and the drive was great but now it feels that i am running on normal cheap tires. However there are no signs of uneven wear. Gosh, i am fed up!!
  7. mayank

mayank Amatore

Tyre Pressure getting low too early

Hi Guys, I have 1.3 mjd gp active model and from some days now i am a strange problem..i check my air pressure once in a week but from some weeks i am noticing that the amount of air pressure in all my wheels gets reduced pretty quickly like in 2-3 days(specially the front wheels)..I always maintain the recommended air pressure in all my wheels(i.e 32pd). I have installed 195/60/r15 bridgestone potenza GIII tyres and last time i got the air pressure checked on monday and today i found it to be very very low and had to get them filled again..is that normal??? or does it have to do something with valves??
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    mayank, please check your tire for puncture....if any....
  9. mayank

mayank Amatore

@rishikesh:- I am not really sure about the puncture because they don't get deflated fully even after 1-2days..its just that the air pressure gets lower in just 2-3days after i fill up the tyres..and thats way too early then they should
  10. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Check your tyres for a puncture, and if there is no puncture then maybe you have a faulty valve.