1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Manusankar

Manusankar

Chennai
    Noise comming while applying breaks

Hai friends in my Linea diesel MJD emotion some noise is comming when i am applying breaks. It seems some noise related to vaccum in the breaks.Even if the car is not running when i apply the break the noise is comming. Did anyone have the similar experiance.
  2. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    This is quite common..it goes away automatically...

Assuming its a squeaking noise..
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The suspension noise is irritating these days, when brakes are applied and when it comes to stop on traffic lights the sounds makes everyone's attention towards my punto :(
    As i'm preparing for my upcoming trip of 1800 Kms ;) hence want to fix everything before the planned trip.

Today been to TASS service centre, the service supervisor came with the job sheet and asked if its my free service i replied him NO and asked him to check my suspension sound problem.
    Then we been for a drive and told him that whenever the i cross over the bumps i get the strange sound from suspension something like which is going to break down from rear or front of the car.

We came back after the drive,then he explained me it brake pads problem for the front wheel, i totally refused him and asked him to stop the car on that steep inclination(which enters into shop floor of the service bay) and slowly release the brakes,and told him now listen the sound this time he came up with rear wheel brake sounds:x :hit .i asked him i'm not convinced with your shit reply.then at the moment i found one nice BNW linea behind me in the service centre asked him lets try this one on that steep inclination.He was so much confident that the sound will come from linea as well.We both sat in the linea and went ahead the steep inclination and he applied the brakes...it was so silent not even a single sound.. trust me guys "finally linea slapped him with its suspension" he went dumb afer that no reply nothing he was like ::OO
    then he saw me and gave a smile and told sorry...and replied back after the job done i will hand over your car after testing on this same inclination :D

Found a nice video on you tube how to find the suspension noise
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  5. rajankamboj

rajankamboj

shimla
    Faint Chid - Chid sound coming from steering column

I am hearing a faint chid-chid sound(similar to low voltage sparking sound) from the steering column of my Brand new Tjet plus.The sound is there most of the time( 70 to 80 %).I get this sound even when the vehicle is stationary(but power ON).Experts may kindly help.
  6. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    I did a wheel alignment and tyre rotation at bridgestone outlet in thanjavur and the next day, I was driving in the highway to chennai. There was a lot of steering vibration at speeds above 80 kmph. Its not there before the wheel alignment. Is it possible that they left something loose while doing the wheel alignment? I did not do a wheel balancing.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    do wheel balancing....
    if anything loose, you might have been in hospital. :D
  8. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    my linea is pulling to the left. I did a wheel alignment with bridgestone outlet, butno use. Instead it created steering vibration. Should wheel balancing help to rectify this issue?
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    avnsiva,
    its not so easy to find the cause for the drag,you need to do step by step,
    first of all do wheel alignment(may be your last wheel alignment was not done properly) and check for the drag if still drag exists swap the front two tires and check if it works.
    as you are having steering vibration,you need to do wheel balancing as well.
    Hope this helps.
  10. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I faced both dragging and vibration issue at high speeds (90+). I did almost 3 times - Wheel Alignment and balancing, infact changed the tyre positions. Still both the issues are there. I did the last two wheel alignment in a span of 1000 kms (9K-10K - ODO). Just to ensure that the alignment to be right. Now done ~11K. Bored of doing with TASS & as well as with outsiders (did with the best guys at Bangalore & Madurai). Nothing helped. Need to live with it, I hope. Planned to get it corrected in my next service at TASS (Bangalore).
    Infact I get shoulder pain in the right, after driving at highways for 400+ KM in a trip (BGL-CHENNAI @ average 80-90KM speed). Hoping these issues are the culprits for my pain. And I am sure my driving ergonomics are taken care. I have not faced this problem when I was driving i10/swifts.