1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sriram,
    there will be slight play as soccer said.
    For shaky reason get done with your wheel balancing....

When you are trying to compare EPS with HPS,there will be diference.
    HPS sounds more realistic and FIAT Punto - Linea is very good in it !
  2. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai

car has barely run 3800 km in odo, will the factory setting of wheel balancing/alignment not hold good? for this test ?
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    better to have a visit to service centre.
  4. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai

and ask for what? i am sure they will not accept this as a issue.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Linea wobbling issues

I am facing wobbling even in a little rough patch.The wobbling normally is experienced more in low speeds and less in high speeds.My car 2009 model has completed 62000 Kms. I have not changed any suspension parts yet as am not experiencing any noise from the suspension.My tyres were changed (to bridgestone Potenza) at around 40500 kms and got them rotated at around 56000 Kms when the rack was changed.I also feel little vibration in my steering .The steering shakes more in rough patch(like unven tiles road) compared to steering of my 7 year old santro. Struts are ok according to TASS.A tyre guy told me that ur struts could be the culprit.Kindly suggest guys the problem area.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  6. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Steering vibration

Same here! Went to Mysore last Friday and the steering was vibrating at speeds above 90kmph. The vibration was too much and after experiencing it couple of times I stopped crossing 90kmph. Called 24x7 Fiat helpline (from Mysore) and told the problem - they said it should be related to wheel alignment.
    In addition I too have noticed that when I release accelerator and apply breaks gently, there's steering vibration (this has been happening for a long time now).
    I have done 9K km on odo and it is 8months old Punto Emotion Diesel.

Le me know if anyone got this problem fixed and if yes, what was the fix.
  7. vivekanandrb

vivekanandrb Timido

Bangalore
    On my Linea MJD that's run ~11500 kms in 8 months, I've started noticing the same - when braking from high speeds (80-100), the steering vibrates quite perceptibly. Haven't noticed that before - is it normal? Other than when braking hard, there're no vibrations per se. Do I need to wait for the 15K service for wheel balancing? Could there be any other issue? Thanks!
  8. Joseph

Joseph Novizio

Trivandrum
    Check your tyres and see if they are worn out unevenly. You got to get your wheel alignment and balancing done at intervals of 5000Ks. Do not wait for the 15K service.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    The problem may be related to brake pads uneven ware-out or rotor
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Vaskar and Harish, any updates on the pulling issue? Was the issue resolved by TASS? What was the issue, please update?

Did Oberoi cars fix the pulling problem?

If any of you folks have the alignment readings please do share (some TASS do not share alignment readings)