1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Sree...The noise is pretty high from the last few days, the noise is still there even when the car is driven for more than 10-20 Kms. I will check the discs for rust. Will try to take a click and post.

Sajeesh, Yes my car was parked for a pretty long time as I was out of India, and I use handbrakes plus gear to park my car all the time. I will not use the handbrake while parking the car
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  2. I think you should take your car to the service centre and get the brake assembly cleaned for solving the problem and also you can check it for any rust as it remained unused for sometime..
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

My car also starts to make grinding noise after a frequent hard braking sessions.
    That nothing but discs needs some cleaning & smoothing with a foil paper.
    Get it done at your next service if it's not very irritating.
    However i hope your car is not tilting/diverting to one side when braked into motion?
    If that's not the case, don't worry, get it done on next service.
  4. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    No the steering doesn't tilt, and the problem appears only when releasing the brakes (not applying the brakes).

My next service is due in April 2013, I think I better get it cleaned before the rain starts.
  5. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Strange noise from tyre/suspension after driving in heavy rain....!!!

hi guys, due to heavy rains today in Hyderabad, while driving back home there was a water clogging on the road I drove in at 80km/h and the water splashed on the windshield and lower body of the car and after 10-15 mints I could hear some noise coming from suspension I believe (like when it is out of grease). Does it happen to anyone during rainy season.

Looking forward for a response.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i get that sound in all season.
  7. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    guys.. got it done by the service ppl... had to re-grease...;)
  8. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks for reading my replies, I have a question, Fellow Punter's claim the Punto/linea steering to be solid in highspeed, what they mean here exactly? Becase last saturday i took my MJD punto to 120kph in a open stretch and felt the steering, i will not say was vague like a Alto K10, but it was neither rock steady, there was a bit of free play (can shake the steering - not steady) when doing 120kph but not so free, but it did not feel exactly the way it feels while the handling the steering while taking the car from rest.

Is it the it is meant to be, and is this what people call stable at high speed or is it something wrong in my vehicle's steering system. pl reply asap.
  9. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Dont worry Sriram. Its perfectly fine. A slight play will be there before the steering actually starts turning the wheel.
  10. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    HI Soccer, there has been a mixed bag of reviews in this topic, some claim @ 120-140kph, the punto's steering feel should be rock steady like it used to have a feel when you are doing a parking maneuver @ very minimal speeds. Awaiting more inputs for this query from fellow TFIAN's.