1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    That's very much normal for the HPS unit whilst stationary.
  2. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

@Teky Thank you. hope u are not mentioning about the sound produced when steering is turned to the extreme left or right.

Thanks,
    Vishnu
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Nope, it comes even with slight movement of steering whilst stationary.
  4. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Thank u sir!
  5. Prasads09

Prasads09

Looking for Punto 1.3 14" Wheel Trim Cap, also known as Wheel Grease Cap.

Hey All,

Am new to this forum and let me introduce myself. Am Prasad owning a Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Active for the last 10 months. I should say the vehicle is excellent in terms of ride and the mileage but few things about the PICK UP when the AC is switched ON. It is too sluggish in 2nd and 3rd Gear. Had been to a recent road trip to Gujarath and clocked a total of 4000KM without a single breakdown. Performance was equally good with only 3 people in the car.

The reason for today's post is regarding the Wheel TRIM CAP or the WHEEL Grease CAP that am looking for. The present wheel CAP which comes with the RIM is causing the RIM to rust and it is difficult to clean due to acculturation of Dust and also since the rainy season is heading. Can anyone please help where to find it because it is not available any of the showrooms or from any local dealer.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Prasad.
  6. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Grinding sound from the brakes

Whenever I release the brakes slowly with or without pressing the clutch, till a particular point I do hear some grinding (khurr, Khurr) sound. It feels that the brakes could be too tight or there could be some rust, however I am not sure what could be the exact issue. The sound was pretty low sometime back but now its very much audible.
  7. I have also got the same problem with my car..the service advisor guy told me that it could be the dirt getting in the drums.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  8. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    So wht did he recommend to do?
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    mhitesh, its normal. When car is parked at one place for prolonged time, such effects are likely to happen. Most of the time its due to rust on disc. Once you take out your car & worm her up for some 10/20kms she'll be back to normal. Their is nothing to worrey about. This thing happens in all cars. Once the brake pads & disc are worm enough the sanding noise will disappear on its own.

Although, will you discribe a bit more about it? Is noise is pretty high??? Check both side of discs if any deeply scratch marking is appearing on it. Some times foreign particals get stuck in between brake pads & disc causing loude noise. Do check for that possiblity
  10. The service advisor told me not to use handbrake if the car is being parked for longer periods like at ur home..in such cases he advised me to put the vehicle in any gear than using the handbrakes...Does your vehicle remain unused in your garage for longer periods?? because in my case that was the problem