1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. macky

macky Amatore

Hi All,

My punto completed 30k in 1.4 years, and offlate i observed that from 90-120 there is this steering vibration and i got all the wheels balanced but still the problem persisted and i took it to the TASS and they diagnosed it to faulty sturt and replaced it. Now its better but still there is some vibration. I hope this is normal and any expert comments are welcome.

Also there is a 'cling' metallic sound when only the cars right front wheel hits a pot hole all of a sudden, it doesnt happen when both the front wheels hit it simultaniously. TASS checked the entire suspension, tie rods, links and they say they are all fine and upon my persistence they opened the dash and checked it and its fine when they took a test run with no dash and when they put it back its back to normal. did any one of our members faced a similar issue?
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ganges, Why are you diverting to Undulated patches/stones yaar:A?
    PLAY is felt on smooth road. Suppose if you need to steer by 35 deg to make a turn & if play is induced in your steering, then you may have steer the wheel by 45 deg to make up for that play.

No STONES/ROCKS/MOUNTAINS, pls...:(
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sun,
    thanks for the info.
    please dont compare with these toy cars..dumb steering....

i have to add this,we dont have proper roads here and sometimes feel very uncomfortable...
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

If vibration not cured after replacement of strut, get the wheel balancing/alignment done from outside & not at TASS under your observation. Vibration between 90-120 generally happens due to this reason only.
    That Cling sound could be something in the DASH which got diagnosed on itself when dash was opened & screwed tight again. It could be some clip/screw etc etc.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ask them to reveal the secret of RHS wheel alignment design error... :D
    The same i asked to TASS,but it doesnt creates much problem...
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Okkk. Then starts liking that slight vibration in steering over potholes. It gives you exact feeling what your tyre has gone through without making you feel overtly uncomfortable.
    Now suppose a numb steering in place of this, you are riding on stones, car is scrapping & can topple over anytime but your steering isn't vibrating a slight bit. You won't like it, would you:up.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Macky, I initially observed this cling sound. It has gone by itself like a cold. Please don't take it to TASS. It will go by itself.

Ganges. What you said about uneven road is very visible in Getz(My father in law drive it). It will tell the driver "Shut up and watch me dancing". But I Punto like to obey his master no body else.:D
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1,

sun,
    words are less to express the feelings for punto(*)....
    "Punto dawa bhi hein aur daru bhi hen :D"

*:- Replace with Linea for linea owners sympathy... ::D
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I think I need to put my punto in naughty corner. This month it is becoming naughty day by day. I have observed another issue, The indicator lever is not going to normal position after taking a turn even at a T junction. Earlier even for a y junction it used to do. All these things are happening after the experimentation of steering with alignment shop fellow. I feel like :boxer him
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    my punto lever goes well on alll turns perfectly, except for only one turn(towards right) and one spot of area ,whenevr i put lever and take turn it wont come back to normal,i'm finding the reason :D