1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

May be for Steering calibration so that it should align straight. What else, no idea?
    Could very well be related to this thing only.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Update: I just checked the level of power steering oil. It was almost 1.5-2cm cm more than max level(slightly below the neck.No idea how it has reached that level. I used to check the level and I never noticed excess fluid. Recently I had gone for a free check up and those TASS fellows might have filled it more than max. Definitely it will take the system from how it was supposed to behave.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

No, That shouldn't be an issue dear.
    You can bring it the optimum level though.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sun,
    hows the steering contrl now,have you tried at high speeds above 120 Kmph also with this speed at undulated roads(here steering play comes in picture on undulated roads ?) ?
    any idea about how much play is allowed in actual,please quantify :D ?
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ganges, At higher speeds, Hydraulic starts getting heavier & heavier. Gives you complete organic feeling with the behavioral change of you car like high speeds, sharp turns n bla bla.

Absolutely no play is allowed in Punto's Hydraulic steering. I repeat absolutely no PLAY what so ever. It is so sensitive & accurate that it can't be outdone with the fastest possible pendulum oscillations you can have between two limits. No question of PLAY:p!

Sorry, i answered your question which was directed at SUN actually. What do i do mate, can't hold the burden of so much of knowledge on my shoulder alone. So thought why not to unload a bit on Ganges:dancing
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ENKI,
    thats strange, have you ever observed when the car goes over a undulated roads or patchy roads the steering rotates here and there, but in actual the car doesnt moves here and there and i believe this is what called "Play". ?
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

PLAY is more like "NULL zone where steering movement is not fed back to the wheels".
    Electronic steering/non hydraulics has this feature free of cost.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    is it equal to the back pressure generated from tires on undulated roads/patchy roads ?
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ganges, There is a play at high speeds. Enki is correct. There should not a play at higher speeds.
    But my aligment is perfect. There is no left or right pulling tendency. No vibrations on steering.
    Apart from the exess play I don't have any problem with steering. Today while idling I turned my steering to full both sides. I felt it is bit light(easy).Earlier there was more resistance I felt. I could feel the rubber trying its best to get out of hold of ground(I liked that feel).
    If a Hyundai or Maruti owner read this he will think that I am mad. Already he is having a butter smooth steering what else he need?:irked
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It's individual likeness. Yes vibrations & slight movement is felt in the steering but it shouldn't turn the steering wheel 180 deg:lol. It is slight & just gives you some feeling that tires are going through undulations.

It's subjective again if you prefer complete isolation of steering. I like it this way only in-fact that what i mean by "ORGANIC" feeling for me at least. Too much steering wheel movement, that not Organic but oil pump/assembly defects:mrgreen: