1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Finally got my hands on the hub rings and fitted them. Everything is back to normal now. Feels good to finally have car back to normal without any vibrations.
  2. That's great to know. Enjoy your ride!

Also, where did you get them and what price did you pay for it?
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I got it online from the website Hub rings, it cost around Rs. 1500, they ship it in one working day and I received it in around 10 days.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I am feeling a some vibration on the steering at speeds above 110 kmph. I was taking the Bangalore-Mysore highway and felt the steering vibration several times. I had to limit the speed to less than 100 kmph most part of the journey. What could be wrong?
    I have done 22500kms and the last alignment was done at 15k kms. Tyres look OK with normal wear and tear. Didnt observe this before that mainly because I rarely get a chance to cross 100 kmph in bangalore city.
  5. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    If we have to order for the Linea, what would the dimensions that we have to select on that website?
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    isnt the hub ring dimension based in OD of your hub and ID of your alloy?
  7. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    @Italia-Linea: Yes, The Hub ring would need to be based on OD of the Hub( in my case 58.1 mm) and the ID of the Alloy (in my case 67.1mm).

@kvk: I am not sure what the Hub OD is on the Linea but for the Punto it is 58.1mm (If I am not wrong) and the ID of the alloy would vary between alloys and you would need to measure it out.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Got the old model elastic pads changed with new modified one.steering has become better now.The old one were rusted and also the strut bolt was completely rusted.Got it done in Bharati Auto and they were really good with specialized/innovative ways in opening stuck/rusted bolts.Galaxy Motors refused that bolt wont open and I have to change the strut also.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Even after the tie rod change, rack change , elastic pads change, struts are fine but the noise of thud thud on moving the steering still remains..The noise comes from steering on moving it left and right and also I feel vibration on my feet when I move the steering. This happens only when the steering is moved on the car being stationary .what else could be the issue.Would it be a problem with steering column.My car is 2009 model run 60000 Kms.PLEASE ADVISE.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I have observed the following problems in steering feedback.

I had done alignment at MRF and I felt initially that the alignment was perfect. After that I haven't taken my car outside at high speeds. Today I have taken the car fpr a 30km drive. I am not happy with the steering feed back. I am missing the tightness that I used to feel earlier. At high speeds earlier the steering was rock solid and now there is a unwanted play. I took some sharp turn to check. Oh I am sure this is not my earlie punto. I don't know how to describe it but I hate those extra play.

What is the reason for extra steering play?
    Does a wrong alignment have anything to do with steering play?

At MRF after alignment the steering had a small left rotation at rest position(or while doing a straight line motion). They rectified it. They have removed the steering for it.
    Do they have to remove the steering for alignment?