1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I just noticed that my alloys are 98/100PCD alloys. Would this be creating the problem? What is the difference between 98PCD alloy and 98/100PCD alloys?
  2. There is nothing to worry on that. 98/100 means that this wheel would suit cars which require 98pcd as well as cars that require 100pcd. That being the case, the number of holes would be 8, 4 for 98 and 4 for 100 pcd. Mine is a 98/108 PCD wheel. A pic of my Palio's hub centric ring and alloy for your reference. Pardon me for the poor quality images:

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00426.JPG
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    @CVAnand: Thanks for the response.

I just checked with Lal's and they told me they don't have any Hub Rings, so can anyone tell me any alternate place where this might be available in Chennai?
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  4. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Different tires at front and rear

Hi guys ,

Recently I changed to 2 apollo accelere at front while GT3 at rear . The steering has somehow become light and what I am noticing is that at a speed of 100+ with slight undulations on road , my car steering is not that rock solid , it sways while on perfect roads steering is fine even at 150+ . Can it be attributed to the fact that I have different tires at front and rear or there is something wrong with apollo tires . Rims are perfectly fine .
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Even i have different sets of tyres in front and back. I have Yoko C-drives and the stock GT3s at the back. The only thing i have noticed is that after changing to Yokos, the tyre noise have reduced drastically. Other than that, i have not experienced any problems at all.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Well the issue was with tire pressure , it was 34 , reduced to 30 and the ride quality + handling has improved a lot . Never knew tire pressure can make such a huge difference . The car is driving like a dream now . Very much happy to see the heaviness back in the steering . Punto with light steering takes 60% of the fun away .
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Grrande Punto 75 HP owners ,i would like to request you to please post your steering review.
    i'm facing the problem with steering and eager to know how you feel:-
    1. When driving on smooth roads
    2. When driving on bad roads(the vibration)
    3. Do you also feel engine vibration in the steering and slight millimeter movement from its place when steering is pushed up and down ?
  8. 1. When driving on smooth roads: When apply brakes steering starts vibrating (speed btw 50-80) and moves slightly towards left
    2. When driving on bad roads(the vibration): virbation is little bit more
    3. Do you also feel engine vibration in the steering and slight millimeter movement from its place when steering is pushed up and down ?: NO
    4. When driving uphill/downhill: Uphill: Steering Vibration is at its PEAK when braking however when downhill the steering seems more stable
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Karan,

The point no 1 this should not happenn right ? when emergency brakes are applied and due to steering wheel movement and ABS effect this might put into trouble ?
    (Yeah we have discusses for the points which are the culprits),recently my bro been to TASS for the concern and got wheel alignment done,now he is feeling OK,still i willl confirm on this issue weekend.

The point no 2 is common now, what i feel!

The point no 3 i need to check this !

The point no 4 i have done recently Konkan trip with more hair pin bends uphill down hill but didnt feel such...
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    @Karun - something is wrong with your brake pads. Get them cleaned. My steering wheel used to vibrate. got the brakes cleaned and everything is perfect.

@ Ganges - there is always slight vibration in every cars steering wheel in idling too. this is because the steering is connected to the wheels and wheels to engine mechanically.

On a run there is no such noticeable vibrations or car movement on braking.