1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ganges, pls get them replaced. It's predetermined age is 15000 KMs by FIAT. I think you have juiced it enough at 20000 KMs.
    Problem will be immediately solved. Also kindly ask TASS to check brake rotors too. If any problem with them, they will be changed under warrantee. I think pad replacement would sort the issue alone.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    There is no such predetermined age. Various owners report various readings.

@ Ganges - If you feel the brakes need changing , then firstly get a professional opinion on it.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It is mentioned in owner's handbook manual Pg 141 that at 15000 KMs, It's mandatory to check front disc pads, rear brake linings & replace if required:drinks. Since Ganges have crossed 20000 KMs & feeling the vibrations even@100km/hr, i think he should take it serious.
    Though Gurjinder is right about check up first. If there is a few mm of brakes left, it can carry for another 5000 KMs but it may not solve your vibrating steering condition.
    I will surely change it. Why, I can't afford any compromise on braking abilities because of my driving style. So Ganges, depends how you respond the call. It is predetermined for myself as a compromise will surely risk my safety & obviously a worth 7.5 lacs vehicle on line.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Flywheel, what have you done with your original alloys?

Rituraj
  5. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Fly wheel ,

You can get the hub centric rings from LAL TYRES royrpetah or you can PM me for further help
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Off topic... but can u pate a picture of ur alloys wheels..... or ur car..
  7. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Thanks a lot guys for all your responses. I will go to Lal's this weekend and get this done.
    @Anish_A: Thanks for the detailed description, I will let you know the details once I go to Lal's.
    @Rituraj: Two of the alloys were bent and I exchanged the other two alloys while buying the new ones.
    @Manilruben: Thanks, I will visit them this weekend.
    @thomman85: Will put up the picture as soon as I am done with the Hub Rings.
  8. pons

pons

alloy wheel

hi Flywheel,
    can you please let us know what was the issue with your alloy wheels.
    Seems like many users are facing this issue. How of your alloys were bent and how did it happen, pls let us know
    Seems teh quality is nopt suitable to Indian conditions. Thats the reason the alloys are changed in 2012 linea/ punto.
  9. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I don't think it's a problem with the alloys. It's just that I hit quite a big pothole pretty hard which caused the alloys to bend.
    But yes if they do manage to give us stronger alloys it would be great :cool:
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ENKI,Gurjinder.
    Thanks for the info/details,
    will visit TASS soon before my 600 Kms Trip on this weekend.Will update you.