1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Chethan

Lightweight body makes ford peppier
    gear ratio is kept in such a way that we don,t feel turbo-lag in TDCi engine.

You noticed pros of TDCi engine.

But I think you forget to mention poor NVH level of ford.

Rev it. TDCi emits combustion noise like farm tractor.
    This specific noise also come even at the speed of 60 km/hr in 5th gear.
    Noise is same like Ashok Leyland truck emits noise at idle RPM
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

But Bhai, even C-segment steerings are criticized for being comparatively light & synthetic at high speeds. I happened to drive swift/dzire & their speed sensing EPS is totally rubbish. I didn't feel it better than Alto.
    May be they feel more organic than regulars but no match to HPS.
    FIAT has resolved this problem of EPS in C-Evo platform though.
    They have fitted 2 electric motors with one fitted on the rack instead of column.
    That feels totally HPS now & praised all over.
    We are lucky that we have HPS in Indian Punto's, else it won't be better than swift/SX4.
    EPS are more or less like that.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Yesterday i noticed that steering was vibrating a littlebit at speed 100km/h on a very good road by looks atleast , i never noticed it before . What you guys say , is it normal ?
    Santro has Hydraulic steering unit and yes it is best steering in its class ,not light not heavy. Honda city zx steering always scared me on speeds above 80+.
  4. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Same with Figo..

QUick gears..1st & 2nd gear good...

I liked it too...but Punto is something else..
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Are u running on stock gt3!?!? I'm and i feel the comfort and smooth ride is diminishing as the tire crossed 9000km..
    When going over patchy road, i feel the rear sliding sideways.. do u experience the same....
  6. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Well if u r experiencing sideways movement on uneven roads then that is because of tires .
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

GT3 are rubbish. At a sharp turn, i have felt that the rear has wobbled violently on 2 occasions for 1-2 secs. It has happened twice so far during 14500 Kms but so violent that it feels that tyre has got unscrewed!!!! This was on the smooth surface but that wobble is imprinted on my mind. It's not because of steering but gorgeous good year.

Also if you de-accelerate quick from higher speed like take your foot of from accelerator suddenly@160 with moderate brakes & acceleration dies fast, you will feel slight wobble in the steering. Not taking this seriously though as it puts a lot of burden on chassis of the car with such drastic relative-velocity-change/sec.
    You wobble it one more time Mr. Good Year, Will throw you in a near by drain in no time:mrgreen:.
    This good year has made 2011-2012 a bad year for my 90 HP & many other people.
    Don't forget to inform at review calls that you receive from FIAT.
    They should change these stock Good Year with something else.
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

@ranconteur and ENKI....... completely agree.....
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ENKI,
    the same i felt manier times not @ 160 but also at 110 & 90 Kmph and i got a feel its a steering problem if not then wheel alignment problem...do you think this blame should go to tires ? but tires(tires are at its best condition) will always listen to the engine right ? this happens only when tires grows older ?
  10. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    Fiesta and figo use HPS.