1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Re: Punto Pulling towards left

Again, sorry to hear :-( are you still driving the car or have kept it in TASS/home? not sure why would the stock tyres take so much time to come....keep us updated once you get them fixed and as Andy pointed out, ensure your spare wheel gets replaced too. Good luck !
  2. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore

Car is at home.. didnt want to leave it at the service center till the tyres come.. I had driven the car last weekend.. The wobbling is still there at speeds over 80KMPH as against the earlier 60KMPH.. Yes I had asked him to check the spare wheel as well.. Planning to take an off from work when they are replacing the tyres to ensure everything is done correctly..
  3. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore

Hi guys,
    Some good news.. The problem has been rectified.. As of now they have replaced the front 2 tyres.. There is no wobbling.. The other 2 tyres will be replaced next week... Drove the car upto 120KMPH.. As good as before.. finally I am back to enjoying what Punto does best :). Thank you guys for all the support...
  4. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore

Good to hear Nithin...ensure the rest of the tyres are replaced too....happy diwali to you and all out here !! Cheers Mate !
  5. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore

Nithin - I'm going to KHT Motors this Friday for some issues...do you want me to check about your tyres? let me know..
  6. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore

Arulvr- that will be great.. thanks a lot I will PM you my vehicle number..
  7. arichakra

arichakra

Kolkata

I also faced this problem just a few days before of my 1st service, they changed few parts (knuckle assembly), rotate tires, aligned etc many a times but unable to resolve the problem. In the process of resolving the pulling issue they introduce a couple of new issues (like LR indicator auto-correction function was damaged, steering wheel was de-aligned etc) to my car :hit . It takes around 2 months (& I submit the car to service station 5 times, a total of around 20 days) for them to finally resolve all the issues. :dancing; incidentally that resolve the pulling issue only aligning the wheel at last!!
    If I ignore the delay, miscommunication & few scratches that they had made on my car while my car was at the service station, I’m satisfied with the service I got.
    It seems that things depend only on the quality & expertise of the mechanic who is actually working on your car. Certainly they are the less paid then those managers, who cannot even communicate properly; then the service executives, who even do not receive calls on their company provided cell phones, forget about keeping the customer updated regarding what’s going on..
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

In most cases wheel alignment/ balancing should solve the issue. This is normal things which happens to every vehicle due to various reasons.

Absolutely.
  9. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur

Hi all ,

There is absolutely no left pull noticed in my Punto 1.3 Epk .
    Thank u all guys for ur Xpert advice , which helped me to go for Punto, as I was bit worried about the left pull.
    The ride , handling is Superb.
    Will post my Ownership review shortly.

Atul
  10. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore

Hi mescotc,
    Congrats on your punto.. the car is a hoot to drive.. enjoy the car.. You will forget minor niggles if any once you start driving the car.. its so addictive..