1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    i feel vibrations especially on the cement roads and no bouncing feeling on the steering.On bad tiles(pothholes one) road the steering moves left and right and especially sway on the right side. Most of the roads are cement in my area will check on a tar road.
  2. abhinav

abhinav Novizio

Mumbai
    Facing the same problem on my GP since beginning. Solutions tried
    a) Realignment at Malik Motors, Hyderabad, no solution
    b) There is a good tyre alignment shop, RK Wheels at Kukatpally Hyderabad where I used to take my Wagon R for periodic wheel alignment and tyre rotation. The guy reversed the front two tyres and the problem decreased considerably
    c) Problem again reappeared after few months and got alignment checked at Galaxy Motors, Goregaon. Everything within limits but car badly goes to the left.
    The first realignment was not charged but the one done at Galaxy paid Rs 650 + Rs. 276 for weights.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Abhinav are you running on JK tornadoes ? These are really bad tires. Is there any way you can try out with different tires just for checking purpose. Even I too had this issue & the local alignment shops were not able to clear it. I took it to 2 reputed shops, but the problem persisted. Then I took it finally to TASS & got it resolved. But another problem arised after that. There was a wobbling @ speed less than 40-45 Km/Hr & they were telling me that this is the issue with the tires. They were telling that we can claim one tire by one under warranty which I am sure is not going to work out. Now I am left with no other option than to replace those nasty JK tires.
  4. abhinav

abhinav Novizio

Mumbai
    Hi Cinju,
    Yes I have the stock JK tornadoes. Any insights into what TASS did? Anything apart from the wheel alignment? I plan to break my head with the TASS guys. But one thing is there, I keep checking the tires for any irregular wear and tear haven't yet found anything abnormal. I have completed almost 24,000. As you rightly said replacing tires one by one may not be the tight trick. Shall keep you posted.
    Thanks,

Abhinav
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Abhinav, my "assumption" is the reference values which these alignment shops generally use is different from the original values which these TASS have. I mean the values in the database of alignment centres for punto might be different from the one TASS is having. Why I doubt so is the 2nd time I have taken my car to an MRF alignment centre where they have all their instruments calibrated every 6 months by experts from MRF & they were having some of the latest equipments. Though the necessary corrections(alignment, wheel balancing) were made, my car still pulled to right. I was watching the whole process & I felt like all these database values may be of international standard & maybe we are having some difference here in India.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Is it also model specific? 1.2 and 1.4 Fire has different parameters. It is difficut for the shopefellow to identify whether it is a 1.2 or 1.4 FIRE Punto.
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    It's funny. I went to one of the reputed tyre shops in Bangalore, the Sai Iyengar tyres in Indiranagar and i was surprised to see they were doing the alignment for my punto using the Palio measurements. I questioned them but the reply i got was that they use the palio as base and make manual corrections to get Punto's alignment correct. I really don't know how that works.

Thankfully my car can keep a thorough straight line on flat roads with two new yokohama c-drives holding fort in the front.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Behaviour of a steering- feedback, control, vibrations etc.

Can anyone explain how exactly the steering should function and how the steering feedback is defined.

Recently after wheel alignment i found that my steering is behaving little foolishly,some of the symptons are like :-
    1. When ever passing above small path holes(can drive at 80Kmph),as tire moves the steering also moves.
    How the steering should behave under such conditions,either it should listen to the owner of the car or the tires/road condition.
    this is very dangerous and i felt it today while overtaking a heavy vehicle.
    2. While passing over the patchy roads,i feel the vibrations in the steering as well and felt like the steering will come into my hands and tried this with two different positions of steering wheel top most and lower most.

P.S:- Need to know all the techie facts of Steering Control.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Steerings do pulsate/vibrate/move when going over rough patches and potholes. Completely normal. Don't give it a thought. ;)

Cheers.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gurjinder,
    Got Relief,but still not happy after allignment work.before the steering was very light with just thumb the control was possible.

What is feedback exactly ? i have seen in many posts all keep on saying it has good feedback.
    What is play in steering wheel ?