1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Cool, i thought it might be faulty tyres.. but this cars never makes me slow down at curves, infact i enjoyed the screeching sound other than that the car was still in total control during the turns
    1 person likes this.
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Steering vibration

I just got the rack changed under extended warranty after running 58000 Kms as it was giving noise and had developed play.now the noise is gone after the change but there is some vibration in the steering and I feel steering is hard.I feel vibrations in the steering at higher speed and also during drive on bad roads.What could be the reason for the vibration.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I felt this (steering vibrations @ 130 - 140 kmph speed) but then in my case the tyres were worn out after 57K kms. After changing the tyres, I've not taken the car on highway but it seems the vibrations have gone. Need to check it though.

How are tyres in your car? Replaced already?
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Either tyres need balancing or your alloys/rims are bent.
  5. Anish_A

Anish_A

Bangalore
    Alloys Available in Bangalore contact required for Punto

Hello TFiat'ians.

After a lot of research, test drive and a lot of grilling on choices i have decided it is PUNTO 1.3 MJD and booked the new "BLUE" color.

Choose it to be Dynamic version and I'm currently waiting to hear from Concorde as to when they will deliver my car.

Now i have three important Question for people in Bangalore / everyone in the Punto Fmly

1> Can i change the stock tyre to something bigger l like the "195 / 60" Currently "165 / 80" or any other advisable combination??
    2> Can i change the stock steel rims to something bigger l like the 15" Currently 14" or any other advisable combination??
    3> The best place to buy alloys for Punto in Bangalore or if there is anyone who can send it out to Bangalore???

Awaiting your response.

Thank you,

Warm Regards,
    Anish
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations Anish.
    Of course yes. Best combination on steel rim would be to go to 185/70, R14.

Yes, you can. You can put 15" alloys, and can put tyre of 195/60, R15 size. This is OE size of top version.
    These is no one place to be called as best place. Visit all shops and see if you can get 15" alloy, with 98 PCD.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  7. Anish_A

Anish_A

Bangalore
    Hello Ravi

Can you please list a few shops in bangalore............the ones i went to know nothing on PCD values they were ready to put the swift alloy on my car/.

So any help is greatly appreciated..........

Regards,
    Anish.

8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    My tires were changed after 40000 Kms and I have run around 19000 kms after the change.They r still fine.Does anybody feel vibrations near the clutch pedal/foot rest.How much vibration is normal in the steering.i drive in Bombay mostly on cement roads which are on smooth.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Do you get vibration when car is in motion ? Or at stationery ?If in motion, then ASS might have kept nut-bolts of steering rack loose. Ask them to varify proper fitting of rack.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012