1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Apollo tyres are better. it depends on your luck which comes factory fitted with your car.
    For the pressure loss check the valve needle and there isn't a small puncture which are very difficult to see. If you travel a lot on highways in high speed than it's normal for pressure to drop so much. I hope you are checking pressure at the same air filling machine and when tyres are hot.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
  2. apraveen25

apraveen25 Novizio

1. Air lose mostly on front tyres. But some leakage on back tyres as well.
    2. Yes, I am forced to park the car outside.
    3. No modifications did.
    4 Its around 300 km.

3. Noise from the front wheel

I have had my Punto MJD active for over a month and till now extremly satisfied abt drive on Highway and city.

I have an habit of listening to music with my windows up and driving my car.

Day before yesterday while driving back home after work on busy roads of Bangalore I found lot of people looking at my car with strange looks. Once I reached home I realised that my front left wheel was making metal screatching noise very loud.

Spoke to the Service centre and they adv me to visit the next day. Post my visit in quick service section they found a stone which was rubbing agaist the disk. They dont know how it got in nor do I. they removed the same and said something was bent in that section because of that and they have rectified it.

None of my friends or colleagues have faced or heard of such issues. Service centre asks me to avoid roads with stones. ( do not know where he is from ) coz i have never seen a place without stones all my life(except while in some parts of West)

1.Is this common in Punto (is it a design fault.)
    2. Would the stone have damaged the disc break.
    3. How can we avoid it in future.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thats strange !! never heard such problem...
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It can be happen with any car. It was happened once with my FIAT UNO.It is not any design error.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I agree with Bhai. It can be common in any car, and it might never happen in any car. It is not a design fault. Not by a mile.

Only a careful inspection of the disc can answer that.

We cannot. It's just plain destiny whether you are the "chosen one" or not in whose car a stone can get stuck between the disc. :)

Cheers. Don't give it a thought.
    2 people like this.
  7. Thankyou every one for your time and comments.

Gurjinder:post reading your comments I am a bit relaxed.

8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

We're here to help!

Thread Closed.
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Update - the sound has re-surfaced back to original levels. In bumper to bumper traffic (irrespective of the time of day) and esp on slopes, it is very pronounced.

What could be the problem here? Can it be the brake pads? Is it possible that brake pads have worn out in just 4 months in a new car?
  10. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Should not be the case.
    Is this a low whistling sound on light braking only?