1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    it's great to have sumone knowledgeable person like you among us Mr. bhai ji :)
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

@bhai,

With due respects to your immense knowledge and experience in automobiles, I have to give a hats off to you for the mileage you got for your brake pads. For that kind of mileage on your brake pads, you should have got a similar or more on the clutch plates. What i can infer from those figures is that you drive more on the highway where Your cars wheels turn more kilometres before you hit the brakes and hence the bloated brake pad life figures. By the same method you should have got more from your clutch plates but you didnt. It may mean that you are doing a bit of engine braking and hence the hit on the clutch. Similar figures achieved for @epicenter too for his brakes.

I was able to get a brake pad life of 27K kms and clutch of 35k kms in a 90% chennai city hub traffic. Compare and beat this.

My advise is that by constantly looking for existing and assumed problems you will be doing more harm than good for your car. Possibly the warranty support, availability of spare car, plenty of time on hand is egging you on to do this exercise:p

Abdul
    2 people like this.
  3. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    @Bhai ,

Something more spiritual...

with due respect to your technical expertise & passion , I would say , Enjoy each moment of life , don't get toooo technical ( even in your passion ) to the extent you lose the Juice of your life ,
    Now in this case its your Car , when you have any problem with your car , you've got two options
    1) you can choose to be happy or
    2) You can choose to be miserable ,

either way problem is not going to be solved , you can only be able to solve the problem by taking it to Competent Service Station, so why not choose the first option ,
    take it to TASS (change your belief system with TASS or I would say take it to a better & competent TASS ) , get your problem solved & Enjoy your Drive ! After all that's for you've paid for your priced possession.

Emotional Maturity = Dynamic Acceptance.

Sorry mods. if off topic ( but I couldn't resist )

Atul
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes there was free play & noise when turning to both sides. Especially when I do fast rock & roll steering at the stationery.The noise & free play is so excessive that vibration of free play is noticable to passengers of car also. & vibrations of free play are coming in the door of co-driver.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Bhai seems like u have PHD in automobile.Can u help me with the steering noise am facing.

I recently got my rack changed after 56000 Kms in my linea MJD, march 2009 under extended warranty.The rack was giving all sort of noises while driving.Although after the change the noise has stopped but little "thud thud" noise is there when u move steering little left and right.The TASS guy told me that its elastic pad noise which was changed around a year back and since then (after the change of pads) i have driven 13000 kms.

He also showed the rusted elastic pads when the suspension was opened for rack change. They could not open the screws of pads as well as strut as they were rusted.H made me touch the shocker spring while turning to make me feel the vibrations thus elastic pad problem

To my understanding elastic pad noise come when u move the steering full and mostly noise comes from engine bay.Here even little movement from left right of steering I can hear the noise Thud thud.

Kindly let me know the problem area for the noise.
  6. apraveen25

apraveen25 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Loosing air pressure in tyres

I am facing issue with wheel air pressure for my Puto MJD Emotion Pack(brought in November,2011). After filling the air pressure to 32, it is loosing air and coming down to around to 25 in 10-15 days time. Is this is normal behaviour? The tyres are "Good Year" brand which came with car by default.

I heared that punto will come with "Apolo" tyres? Is anything suspecious here that dealer changed the original tyres to fitted this cheap brand?

Any suggessions?

Praveen
  7. I think that is normal, I check the Air pressure at every tank fill.
  8. thats normal i guess coz i was also facing the problem untill i started filling nitrogen in the tyres..
    will recommend you to do the same since i have seen that the air loss in the case of nitrogen is very less(negligible)..although its only in my case, others may also confirm
  9. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Check if its fit below

1 If its all 4 wheels then fine , If its going to be 1 then its puncture.CHeck for small needle in gaps of lines in tyre
    2 Do you keep your car in hot sun ?
    3 Did you change alloy or any modifications.
    4 How many Km do you travel in 15 days if its more than 500 then its normal.
    1 person likes this.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys, for any discussion on Normal air vs Nitrogen , please use this thread.

Use this thread only for discussion on the subject listed by the thread starter.

Thanks.