1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Cinju bhai, a 100 metres is indeed quite a distance.

Does your Punto start swerving to one side as soon as you take your hands off the steering? Immediately , without any hesitation.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Yes Guru. It does. But the swerve angle is less. Maybe in 30-50 metres it will go out of road.
  3. I am facing this problem since day 1. Following has been done i dont know how many times:

1) Alignment and rotation
    2) Tyre changed FOC (jk tornado)
    3) Disc, rotors, suspension check

Steering wobbles when i apply brakes slowly. I think this is specific to 1.3 Emotion owners (or with JK tornados). Only thing which is left is to run it on 195/60 r15 spec tyres to confirm whether it is the tyres or the brakes....
  4. @Karan.. Did you get this done at a Fiat workshop or outside?
    I don't think Fiat would suggest changing the tire to one of a different size.

Have you escalated this within Fiat?

5. @ Anindyo

My car is with Tejaswi for the same problem.
    They are trying to rectify this problem from over an year now with no result.
    Please call me when free.
  6. Hi Anindyo

Yes i get this done at Fiat Workshop. My car is still under warranty. And by changing tyres what i mean was to check and see if this issue happens with a different set of tyres as well or is it specific to JK Tornado. Cause mine is 1.3 Emotion which can easily accomodate the size of Emotion PK 195/60 r15.
  7. prasen123

prasen123 Amatore

Spare wheel

Hi All,

I was just looking into the spare wheel while cleaning my car, and I found balancing weight on my spare wheel. The tire is new and the wheel too. But the balancing weight made me crazy. Is it possible that new wheels also need to be balanced?
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Prasen all wheel needs balancing either it be new or old. Balancing is not done with the rim alone. It is balanced with the tire in it . So this is directly proportional to the tire you put on it as well. It is recommended to do balancing every 5000 kms especially if it is a diesel car & full balancing & alignment every 10,000 kms.
  9. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Me too having the same problem of pull towards left. My Punto completed 10k.

I have noticed that some times when I press break while moving through bad roads it feels as break pedal vibrates too much and not getting proper breaking. It lasts only for few seconds only.In all other occasion breaking (ABS) is just superb. My punto is 2011, June make Emotion.
  10. prasen123

prasen123 Amatore

Is it applicable from Alloy Wheels?