1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Re: Punto Pulling towards left

how many km's have you covered so far? did you do wheel rotation or something...hard to believe they take so much time to fix this one up...if you get the tyres replaced under warranty, its worth the wait however, if they still can't fix the problem, you better reach out to the professionals handling wheel alignment and balancing.....where do u stay @ Blr? I can pbly help you over phone to reach out to the tyre professionals for a second look..
  2. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore

I have covered 3400KM.. There was no wheel rotation done.. The tyres are being replaced under warranty.. It should happen today.. Worst case the car will be with me tom.. Once its done I will definitely want to have a second opinion.. I stay at Chandra Layout near Vijyanagar... I will PM you my number. Could you please PM me your number as well and also the time of day suitable to contact you.. I would like to drop in at Tyre Professionals sometime during this weekend..
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Drive the car for some kms post the tyre replacement and check first and then come to a conclusion
  4. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore

Update: I had been to the workshop sometime back.. Engineers from JK tyre had inspected the tyres and concluded all the 4 tyres are faulty. The tyres had a manufacturing defect (as told by the SA).. Now, the Works Manager at KHT motors is telling it will take atleast 4-5 days for the tyres to arrive since it has to be shipped from Chennai.. So he is releasing car tomorrow to me.. Once the tyre arrives he will call me back and replace them.. Is this fine? Any precautions I need to take since the I am taking the car without the work being completed..
    @Andy: Point noted I will drive the car for some distance before taking delivery..
  5. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore

Sad to hear the problem that you are facing..particularly on a new car..hope the replacement worksout well for you...you have to go through the tyre replacement anyways so please stick to TASS until they replace them....like Andy said, post fixing new tyres, help to drive some kms and observe the performance....if it fixes, you probably have to stick to it and its needless to visit other workshop when u don't have a problem....
    however, I can offer any help that I can to accompany you to TP if its needed..will pm my # in a while.. Good luck !
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

nithindev: This is something bad luck i would say... All 4 tyres faulty... Really sad man...
    Am sure once the tyres are replaced you should find some goodness in performance...
  7. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore

yeah.. Even I hope the same.. Waiting for the new set of tyres.. Should be here by thrusday.. They have to come from Chennai its seems.. Will update once they fix the problem..
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Also ask them to check the spare wheel...
  9. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore

Nitin - Do u've the recent updates on the tyre replacement?
  10. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore

Hi Arulvr,
    I spoke to the SA.. He is saying the tyres are not in stock and need 3-4 days to arrange for the same.. I will write to FIAT about this right now.. I cant wait for longer.. Already waited for almost a week..