1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Yes, the sound is more pronounced during my early morning drive to office. However, it is also present in the evening (although intermittently), in the event of sudden braking or breaking-during-crawling-traffic. No grinding sound *touch wood*. Have just sent it to the service center for a quick check up.
  2. Satyajit

Nishant, we are awaiting your pics :) ... unless you've posted them and I've missed the threat!
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

LoL. You have not missed the pics. Actually, I've been running super busy and hence have not got the time to write my story and post pics. Will do so in the coming week as I should be free(er)
  4. shams

shams Esperto

An update on this issue: as expected problem was with wheel alignment. the two front tyres have been changed in warranty but my friend had to bear 50% of the total cost since the affected tyres had some life left.
    process was smooth without any hassle only problem being a bit of delay.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  5. Also inform your friend that alignment should be done every 5000 kms along with wheel rotation so that tyres last their said life.

Mine has completed 31000 kms and another 5000 kms left..... :)
  6. Punto: Car pulls to the left involuntarily

I have my MJD Punto Grande emotion for just 4 weeks now, post delivery of the car, and just registered it today, at Hyderabad.
    I see that when I release the steering wheel on a straight road, the car pulls to the left.

I was quite surprised by this, as the car is just done 2300 kms.
    I have to travel a long distance to office everyday, so my daily running is about 84 kms.
    I do not recall any ditches and pot holes that may have caused major suspension damage.

Can anyone tell me what causes such problems? Can this even be related to the suspension?
    I am still assuming this is how the car was when it was delivered to me, although i should've checked.

Thanks in advance.

Anindyo Dutta
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Get the basics covered first of all.

Get the alignment checked firstly.

If that does not solve the pulling issue, then firstly check the tyres. I reckon you'll have those JK Tornados on your Punto Emotion. Pretty cheap stuff.

I faced a similar issue on a relative's Punto recently and after spending a full day inquiring about the cause of the car pulling to the left, it was found that the tyre was not mounted properly on the rim. After re-mounting the tire on the rim, the car drove perfect. So, if the alignment comes out okay but still the car pulls to the left, then get the tyres checked.

If the tyres are okay, then the suspension needs to be looked into.

P.S. Do plan an upgrade to better tires. Not that these JK's have any inherent defects, but the Punto does deserve better shoes.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  8. Ok, I will have the alignment checked immediately, and go per your suggestions.

I do plan on getting better tires honestly, but I have friends who have faced very major issues converting to alloys and tires, so I am playing safe for now.
    They say that the hub that holds the tire (excuse my pathetic amateur terminology, pls feel free to correct) on the Grande Punto is not the standard size, and the alloys they finally got that worked were from bangalore, after a good deal of searching.

I am all open to suggestions on alloys and tires, but I will make this change only after a year.

Always appreciate your prompt replies Gurjinder!

9. mo1

mo1 Timido

I faced exactly same issue for my 1 month old Punto MJD emotion (bought on 21-Oct-2011)
    I got the alignment checked outside and it was perfect.
    I then swapped the front two tyres. The car started to go right!
    Then swapped the right front tyre(which was originally left front) with the spare tyre and the problem is gone.
    I would suggest you to try replacing your left front tyre with the spare wheel.
  10. Ok, now that I did not think of, I will still go to the show room guys about this.
    Thanks for sharing your experience!