1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    SIMPLE. Go to TASC and ask for LINEA Active steel rim. Punto steel rim is 14 inch 5.5J 98PCD specs as seen in Active, Dynamic and Emotion variant. The spare tyre in Punto Emotion Pack is a 15 inch 6J 98PCD steel rim from Linea Active, Dynamic that also comes with 15 inch 6J 98PCD steel rims. As simple as that. :lol:
    Do you guys think Fiat is so stupid that they will source a separate steel rim just for the spare tyre of Punto Emotion pack?

The spare tyre in T-JET Plus is a 16 inch alloy as Fiat does not have a 16 inch steel rim for any of it's Indian cars. But unlike VW, they did not go for a 15 inch steel rim of Linea as a spare tyre for T-JET plus.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

yes paddleshifter , i told them that i want a steel rim of linea , but they were not having the rim . But job card had to be made before purchase of anything , so in that they came to know that it is punto fgt emotion Pack. The wheel alignment guys at TASS were having the required knowledge about the sizes of rim but store room guys are still fond of only TATA spares...
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Rust formation on Brake Discs - Is it covered under warranty?

Hi Frnds,

I noticed too much rust on my car's brake discs. The result is poor braking. My car has done 30K and is 21 months old. My question is: Is it normal to have rust on Brake discs and what should be the interval for Brake disc change. Is it covered in warranty like how rusting on body parts is covered.

Did anyone else noticed this in his car?

Please provide your valuable suggestions and solutions for the same. Should i ask the TASC to replace them under warranty or get them cleaned with some solution or get them changed. Please advice.

My car was serviced last month and the SA did not advice any sort of change in disc or pads. They however cleaned the brake pads and charged me a hefty 500 bucks for the same.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Is there rust ON the contact surface ? Or the edges
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Both the places. The whole surface is rusted. I am planning to take the tire out and click some snaps on saturday.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Is it rust or dust?
    Pictures should clarify.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Isnt the rust on the contact surface supposed to go away when it comes in contact with the brake pads, that is when you apply brake?
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    @Shashank: Rust can't be there on the surface. Since the pads come in regular contact with the discs when you brake, the rust formation cannot happen if the vehicle is being used regularly. Rusting can happen if the vehicle has not been used for some time and that is normal. But do check with your service center, if they skimmed the discs as well while they cleaned the brake system.
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

I got my rotors n pads under warranty.There was too much rust on my rotors,so claimed warranty but had to fight for the pads.

P.S :

Skimming reduces 20% of ur braking effeciency.Think twice before skimming ur rotors.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  10. I have observed rust on disc surface in my car in the mornings if and only if the car is washed and parked for a day or taken in rain. Else it would be clean. on the edges there is some rust, but i take it to be a normal incidence