1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. amitgreat

My Punto MJD done 14K and there is a little Squeal sound in front disk while applying break.. I have gone through in service station they fixed but it appears again after some time.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Did the dealer tell anything about the condition and the remaining life of the brake pads and the brake rotors ( the discs) ?
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    (12000km) i once heard musical tone something like lunatic hi-note flute being played .in begining it was like mild shee shee then it became loud ,louder loudest as much to grab attention of other drivers and passerby, when i realized it was from my own car :). i guess it was from brake disc it lasted for 5 minutes when i stopped and looked down to inspect nothing found. then i never heard it again. i assume something might have got stuck on brake pad. just sharing an experience.
  4. Left Pulling

Hello All,
    I got my Punto last month, I have been facing regarding steering. Whn i take off the hand from the steering car move towards left. When i enquired in the showroom they say you have to do wheel balancing .. Did anyone face the same issue? If so can you let me what was done to rectify the issue..

I hail from chennai .. Got the car in TAFE REACH chennai ..

Udhay S

Proud owner of Jr Version of Ferrai ... (Punto Grande )
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    You need to get both wheel balancing & alignment done. Since its a new car, it should have been done at the dealer itself. Even now insist that they do it for free.
  6. there is a little pulling towards the left in diesel cars. this is common.
    this is caused due to the unbalanced shafts.
    also some problem with the suspension alignment might be the culprit.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Srikar bhai , there is no such anomaly in diesel cars.

A car must travel straight on a level road, be it a diesel , petrol or any fuel.

@udhay - Get the alignment of the wheels checked ASAP. It can cause un-even wear of the tires if neglected for long. It should be a 15 minute job.

8. vks

Hi ranconteur,

Did you get the 15" steel rim? did the TASS say its for FGP?

FGP Emotion pack has 15" alloy & rest of the variants have 14" steel rims, I couldn't find a 15" rim for Punto when I searched last week. But there is a 15" rim option for Linea & it should fit the FGP well.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    E-pack Punto has 15" rim as steel, as spare tyre. So TASC has to have it. I think GP and Linea will have same steel rim.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    SIMPLE. Go to TASC and ask for LINEA Active steel rim. Punto steel rim is 14 inch 5.5J 98PCD specs as seen in Active, Dynamic and Emotion variant. The spare tyre in Punto is a 15 inch 6J 98PCD steel rim from Linea Active, Dynamic that also comes with 15 inch 6J 98PCD steel rims. As simple as that. :lol:
    Do you guys think Fiat is so stupid that they will source a separate steel rim just for the spare tyre of Punto Emotion pack?