1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    A very unfortunate incident with steel rim

hiii TFI's , today i went to the dealer for buying a new steel rim for my punto as my alloy wheel has got bent . I just purchased the rim from the dealer in the morning thinking that i will get it install in the evening from a known tyre shop . But i was :eek: when the tyre shop mechanic said that this rim is not for this car . It did not fit into the wheel of my punto . But it certainly fitted into the tyre . Please help me what should i do now...???
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Get it replaced. There shouldn't be any issue.

Can be of some tata car.

What was the issue when the guy tried to fit the rim?
  3. hi ranconteur,

just take the rim with you and blast(First be polite, if he raise voice then you jump on him)the fellow who have sold the Rim to you, even after telling that you need for Punto.
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Nothing to worry! But only a lil headache! BTW it should fit if it a 14" Rim..I guess they gave 13"!
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ideally you should have got it replaced at dealership itself.
    Since the OE alloy is 15", I guess the steel rim is 15" as well.
  6. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    thnxx for the replies guys , the rim i wanted was of 15" (Punto emotion Pack) and since tire fitted into the rim so i am assuming that rim was also of 15" and i dont know what issue mechanic was facing but he took some time before telling me that rim wont fit in . I think rim was not fitting in wheel nuts , may be the distance between the rim holes were not as per the distance between wheel nuts . And yes ideally i should have replaced at dealership but i was short of time and i very well knows that for just replacing the rim TASS guys would have taken atleast an hour . You have to be very patient to deal with these people which somehow i lack
  7. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    An update:

Today i went to the dealer and i came to know that the rim they gave me was of manza , and now they do not have punto rim of 15" , so i need to wait for atleast a week now for the rim to arrive . Going by the positive point i am contended with the fact that they did not bother me with the exchange of rim . They agreed to their fault , took my number and said whenever rim will arrive , they would inform me . The only way to deal with TASS is to have patience and low expectations.
  8. rohit tunga

rohit tunga Amatore

Bangalore
    Phew !!! Finally got the problem sorted out. Actually its the front discs that were the culprit. The technical term used by Fiat service is "Shuddering". Fortunately they had the spare parts ready, so in just 2 hours got my front discs and brake pads replaced. The actual cost of these was approximately Rs 4600. It was done under warranty at concorde motors. Overall very satisfied with the service quality .
  9. rohit tunga

rohit tunga Amatore

Bangalore
    Just attaching the snapshot of the bill received

IMG.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  10. Me too facing the same problem, a pull towards left and wobbling at 80/90 kmhr. I was used to this problem till a few days back when some of my friends drove my car. All were telling that it is pulling towards left. would you upload the alignment report today if possible.
    The car is nearing 10k and is due for alignment and balancing. I will get this done outside.