1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    But, my Linea owner's handbook recommends:

TyrePressure.jpg

1 bar = 14.5037738 psi

Accordingly,

2.1 bars = 30.5 psi [rear-medium load and cold]

2.3 bars = 33.4 psi [front-medium load and cold]

2.3 bars = 33.4 psi [front & rear-when fully loaded and cold]

2.6 bars = 37.7 psi [front & rear-when fully loaded and warm].

I maintain 36 psi in my Linea. I feel comfortable and not all bumpy.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Get the brake pads checked. The average life of brake pads is around 20K kms and varies depending on usage. Some have changed it as early as 10K kms.
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Hello Snake,

A small query here regarding your problem

1) is the squealing sound from any particular wheel ?
    2) is it specific from front wheels?
    3) you mentioned that the sound is not consistent so is the sound more like kui kui kui? or is it a continous kuiiiiiiiiiiiii..?
  4. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    @ Ravi: This is a point of confusion for me as well. In the owner's manual, at one place as you point out, they recommend 33 & 30 psi for "moderate load", and 36 & 33 for "full load" for front & rear tires respectively. At another place in the manual, they have written only 36 & 33. On the car (driver's door frame) also they say 36 & 33.

@ dieselmania: I own a TJet Plus and have hit the ground only once in my 3 month ownership when I went very fast over a regular speed breaker. Note: it was a bit difficult to believe that I had hit the ground because the speed breaker was of the relatively gently slopping variety (on Gulmohar road near Costa Coffee, Juhu) but I don't have any other explanation. Otherwise I have never faced any issue, over all varieties of poor roads. I think it may be because TJet's suspension is a shade firmer compared to MJD & Fire. So I had read in the TJet reviews before I bought my car.
    More than the GC, it is the soft suspension that is responsible for cars bottoming out. I don't know if the suspension can be tweaked to make it firmer, as the Honda salesperson was promising me when I asked about the GC issue in City.
    One solution that some people have tried and found effective is using a "Coil Spring Adjuster". You may want to check it out.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  5. the squeak sound might be worn pads..
    or there must be worn bushes.
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Worn brake pads for sure! Get them changed!
  7. I had this squealing sound from front wheel but seems to have gone after replacing brake pad @ 30K service (got the car back today after service). Break pad costed me 3239.96!

Now facing air leak kind of sound when applying break! Any idea?
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    seems they started mixing silver/gold in brake pads.
    even the bremo brakes cost less. hell with the costing department
  9. there must have been a new leak made by them during the replacing of the pads.
    they must have pulled the pads off then fixed the new ones in. which is unsafe
  10. thanx guys for the feedback and quick replies.
    I was busy yesterday so couldnt reply.
    I will upgrade to t jets shoes soon