1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I've used a tube in a tubeless tire since the sidewall had got punctured. And sidewall punctures can't really be patched up.

The tire ran fine with a tube in it till the day it was replaced when it got worn.

But i did that for economy purposes. I would not recommend the same to you. A new tyre is a better bet.

2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you Roy and gurjinder. I think i will try to get a new tyre and if not possible use tube as a temporary solution.
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Buddy, then you push TASC to call someone (Engineer) from plant. Also, look on tyres as well. Better to replace all 4 tyres with someother Punto in SC and have a TD.
  4. SnakeRider

Squealing sound while applying brakes

i am getting squealing sound at times when i apply brakes, this is not consistent though. Kindly let me know whether it is a indication of worn out brake pads? i've done only 16,600 kms.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  5. Ground clearance woes

This thread is to discuss about issues related to ground clearance in fiats.
    In 2 months of ownership of linea(5500 odd kms) i have scraped the underbody around 10 times. I drive very cautiously on potholed roads now.
    I have been in 2 long trips of 1200 kms each which had a lot of diversions due to new road constructions. Mostly the underbody was hit in these diversions.
    I personally feel that the GC of a linea is pretty low.
    Is it so with the Tjet owners too?
    On papers GC of a fiat uno D is 145mm and that of linea is 161mm but still i feel that lineas under body is more vulnerable for impact.
    Please share some light on how to increase GC/ modify driving to prevent scraping the underbody

MODs pls move thread to relevant forum if required
  6. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

There are many ways to improve gc on a car but most of them are not advisable as they only spoil the cart in the long run. Only suggestion I can give is that upgrade your tyre with an upgrade to the tjet plus size will help.

I would like to clear one aspect of your thought. The under body linea is the most safest place. There is an engine protection which helps in preventing damage to the engine, and most of the time this is what takes the hit when your car scrapes, though you can also say that this is the reason why the car is scraping too.

The gc of tjet is just awesome sure to the tyre dimensions try it out or just upgrade the profile of the tyre for a better gc but you might have to sacrifice some braking feel.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Keeping the pressure for all the tyres at 36 psi [fully loaded-warm tyres] would reduce bottom-scraping to some extent. I do that.
  8. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

You can keep the tyre pressure at a higher level to slightly improve the GC. And most of the times the mud flaps touch the ground and it feels like you have scraped the underbody.

Tyre upgrade to a 16'' ones will better the GC as well like for TJET+ where it is 170mm for 16 inch alloys.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think 36 psi is too much. Dont you get bumpy ride? Recommended tyre pressure is 32 & 31.
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    I am using 195 65R15 tyres, it is the easiest GC booster