1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Tyres/Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nitinkumardba, Sep 13, 2010.

1. ram
    you better try to get the alloys repaired once. and then think of steel rims at a later stage.
    only if they say these cant be repaired, then think of steel rims.

steel rims will rob the look of the car.

and once the wheels are repaired drive carefully over poth holes
  2. pradz

pradz

Mysore
    well i guess i will have to get it done..
    if its alloys then wheel balancing shoud sort it out right?? n this happens only when nearing 100kmph..

how could brakes be responsible for this??
  3. you get your wheels checked for any bends and then get them balanced. this will solve the issue.
    still you face the issue rotate the tyres and see.
    the vibration is due to improper balancing and/OR bend the the rims.

try to be gentle on poth holes. the alloys are a little soft and tend to bend easily.
  4. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Well the only thing that has been stopping me to change to steel rims is the looks.
    I think i should give alloys a second try.
    Thanks sri for the reply......

Does anyone have any info on trusted alloy repair shops in delhi....??
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
  5. ranconteur

please edit your posts if you are posting within a gap of 20 mis. it helps us save a little bandwidth to maintain the forum.
    and secondly,

give the alloys a chance.
    my wheel got bent due to bad driving on my part. be careful with the wheels.
    go real slow on the poth holes. the wheels bend and we complain FIAT substandard quality.

and alloys are repaired at any of theses oldschool where threwers in and around the city.
    they will help you for sure.

also DELHI guys will be willing to help
  6. Now that I might travel to leh, I am on lookout for the 15' steel rims. Any idea about the cost and their availability. I don't intend to drive with the alloys on fearing damage to them when doing leh sector.
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Contact details of the person from whom I got my Punto's bent alloy repaired:

Ajit Singh & Sons - +91-9871534058

Workshop Address: O - 135, Bawana Instritutional Area, Delhi (closed on Tuesday)

Bawana is north of Rohini. So find out if you can drop the wheel at his shop in Bhogal, which is near Nizamuddin rly station.

Hope it helps!
  8. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    @nkapoor777

I went there and he was quoting a price of 1200 for 1 alloy. According to me its a big price for an alloy repair
    I have heard that there are other shops too in bhogal near Ajith Singh & Sons which does the job there itself.
    So do you have any idea about it.....??
  9. ranconteur
    better find out the prices from other shops.
    and also if the bend is more like the wheel is a little like oval than circle, the price for repairs will be more
  10. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Price surely is a bit steep. I paid 800-odd bucks an year back. I have no experience of any other shop so can't help on that.